Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was opening the box for my rear track bar and noticed there were no instructions !!! GREAT!! Anyhow, can somebody school me on how this thing goes on my jeep...I have an Idea but I just want to make sure I get this right..dose the plastic gromit end go on the axel side or the bracket side on the frame?
thanks
Pete M

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Whose track bar did you buy? We need input before we can help you! :D

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JerryC said:
Whose track bar did you buy? We need input before we can help you! :D

Jerry
Thanks, I got the Rubicon express rear trackbar...part 1620...the box didnt have any directions in it...also the track bar bracket is throwing me for a loop to (RE Part 1602).....anybody who has this install and who could post pictures would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks....whew the kits almost done(at least the install).
Pete M

PS...one other thing....do i need to disconnect my drive shaft before finishing my install..i realize I will not be able to drive the jp untill i get a new ds...however will it hurt my jp by haveing the old driveshaft on it after the install is complete while its sitting in the driveway waiting for a woody(haha)??? THANKS x10000

G

·
0 Posts
I have the 1603, but the installation shouldn't be any different. The only difference between the 2 brackets is yours is for the CV (Double Candan) while mine is for the stock DS. Here is the link to my page that talks about my install, it's down towards the bottom of the page.

Rubicon Express Lift.

As for the Adj. Track bar, I can only assume that the bushing end goes into the trackbar bracket, and the heim joint goes into the frame side with the bushing. I believe that the bushing goes towards the rear. Someone help me out here.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
...As for the Adj. Track bar, I can only assume that the bushing end goes into the trackbar bracket, and the heim joint goes into the frame side with the bushing. I believe that the bushing goes towards the rear. Someone help me out here.

Ron
Ron, I have the JKS adjustable rear track bar, and the bushing goes on the frame end and the Johnny Joint goes on the axle bracket. The Johnny Joint would be equivalent to the Heim joint on the RE bar. Just to make sure the RE wasn't radically different, I checked Stu Olson's site. There's a picture http://www.stu-offroad.com/round2/Round2-14.htm of the heim joint end on the (axle) bracket.

If you think about it, it makes sense. The end that moves the most has the more flexible joint.

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
Thanks Jerry. I can now see that the Heim joint goes on the bracket vice the frame.

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx x21000000000000000000000000000000000

Ron/Jerry,

THANKS!!! You guys are awsome....thanks for sending me those links, they are exactly what i was looking for....I should be finishing up my lift tomorrow thanks to you 2. My final conquest will be when I have to set the pinion angle......thanks again.
Pete M

·
Registered
556 Posts
Time to update your signature there Pete!!! Congrats on a higher Rubi!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts