Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Extreame rock gurads for my tail lights from Quadretec.
You have to remove the read lights with 3 screws no issue. but upon discovery of the cover under neath the right read tire to unplug the light there is the vapor canister. ANyone know how I can unplug the lights without removing the gas tank stuff?

:mad:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
the wires are possible to unplug..
take the shield off below and reach up inside or..
EDIT:this is what i ment
pull the light and might be enuff wire to get that sticky stuff off
there is some sticky stuff covering the plug.
thanks to DC its a pain ..to remove the stock lights.
THEN you can get it from underneath

mac

G

·
0 Posts
You can snake you hand up inside the shield and pull the wire and connector down, there is enough length in the wire to do this. You can't pull the wire through the back of the body like you can on the other side. You will have to put the light back in place (1 screw should hold it well). Once you get a hold of foam wrapped connector, you will need to pull off the foam and unhook the connector. Not a lot of fun, not much room, but possible.

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
Don't most of those guards have a little slit so that you can install by sliding over the wires instead of unplugging?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not the mopar ones, mine didn't even come with the new longer screws. Getting the wiring connectors apart was a pain and finding new longer screws was even harder!!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
ramtuff said:
Not the mopar ones, mine didn't even come with the new longer screws. Getting the wiring connectors apart was a pain and finding new longer screws was even harder!!
share with the group..what lights your going to use..
PICS.. eh?
lots of pic ho`s. ..on this forum
:wink:

·
Registered
454 Posts
ramtuff said:
I have the MOPAR ones and they had both the longer screws and the slit in the bottom for easy install. Of course, when I sold my last Jeep, I forgot to take the longer screws when I took off the guards and it was a bitch to install the guards on the Rubi. The screws were juuuuuuust long enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts