Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok spent the weekend wheelin and had a blast

my question is on Sunday the light for the rear locker wouldnt stop blinking
Like it wasnt engaged, the front was fine.... However the person behind me said I was definatley locked up....

Anyone heard of this?? checked the lube and the elect. connection on top of the diff. everything seems ok

Open to suggestions before having the stealership take a look

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine do it here and there. I just wait and make sure i pushed the cottenpickin buttons the right way. Mine eventually goes out but no longer than 15 secs. And until recently I have no clue if the diffs were still locked or not I was alone.

Mo

G

·
0 Posts
It never turned off?? Still blinks???? Mine has always eventually stop'd blinking.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
U should be able to feel a difference back there when locked and can test it by locking it, then jacking up the rear and spinning one tire.
I believe the other one should spin in the opposite direction.

I had that happen once with the front, and it just went away on it's own

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
elff's right, you should be able to feel if your locked in or not. I would take it in and have it checked out.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
alot of times I have to roll back 6 feet and roll forward 6 feet for it to disengage.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I had my front locker do the same thing. Then is started to blink on the highway @ 70MPH. Take it in and have it checked. Could be a sensor conection.

G

·
0 Posts
I wasn't sure from your post exactly what your question was. I took you to mean that you were trying to use the lockers and the front indicated it was locked, but the rear was blinkinag as if it had not achieved lock. If this was the condition, I have had that happen once. On this occasion, I was using the lockers to make my way through loose sand moguls. I have been through this area several times because I use it to convince myself the lockers are important and do work. It appeared from the indicators that the rear never locked and the front did. Both unlocked when I turned them off. And they have worked correctly since. I attributed this behavior to the possibility that the rear couldn't lock because the teeth didn't line up initially, and there never was enough difference in axle rotation from one side to the other to allow the locker to mesh. Basically, the traction was uniform enough in the rear that I didn't need the locker there. I am only guessing.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts