Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need some ideas for a nice rear bumper with a receiver hitch so I can tow a small camp trailer. I may end up building one, but I'm checking my options. What I'd like is one where I can purchase the bumper, then later add a swing away with rack. Any ideas? Also, where's a good place to purchase???? I can build the bumper, but I don't want to screw with the swing away.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts

i like the fact its extreme, light weight...and tire carrier is solid rattle free.

(i was never a fan of tire carrier..after talking to Troy.. im convinced)

:wink:

my buddy Stu tows a 4x4 trailer with the same bumper...
never an issue.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly recomend the Durnago 4x4 Rear Bumper system. Extremely strong, weight wise as far as the bumper and reciever goes, you could hual however much weight you wanted with it. Probably overkill as a small trailor hookup, but indestructable as an off road improvement mod goes.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Build one. You can tie it in to the rear frame like this one:

And this one:

This is the best design because it strengthens the bumper and you can pull more without needing a trailer hitch setup.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
bbusch said:
Build one. You can tie it in to the rear frame like this one:

And this one:

http://www.jeepfabrication.com/Files/Bumpers/frame_mount3.jpg[/img
This is the best design because it strengthens the bumper and you can pull more without needing a trailer hitch setup.[/quote]

i like yours better....hmmmmm
heres mine
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p0218c276dabcf214bf4d019b3ca96ae7/fb96e824.jpg

looks like im in for a re-buildof my frame tie-ins.
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Your setup looks nice. Why change it? The pics I posted are very nice designs though.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
bbusch said:
Your setup looks nice. Why change it? The pics I posted are very nice designs though.
i like the fact yours has side section that provides a stiff section to help spread the load..
im planning on towing a 4x4 trailer. i dont want to be a statistic on
shoulda coulda .... :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts