Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the jeep world and to this forum,but have a question.I want to put 285/75/16 on my stock wheels ,but am trying to do a lift and avoid an vibe problems.Are my chances of having vibe problems less with the 3.5 or am I going to have them no matter what?If I knew I'd have them either way then I'd go 4.5,but if theres a chance of not then I'll go 3.5 now and when I have more money to address vibe problems I'll add 1"shims and get the Tom Woods to take care of the vibe problems.

G

·
0 Posts
If you can wait a few days I will give you a good idea about the RE 3.5 lift and any vibe problems. I don't have all the parts, so I am doing the lift in 3 stages. I'll give you an idea about vibes at every stage. Remember no 2 jeeps are alike, so while I may not have vibes, you may. I also have a Manual, so the Auto's will be slightly different. I also have an installed BL and MML.

Stage 1. RE 3.5 Super-Flex without tranny drop
Stage 1a. RE 3.5 Super-Flex with tranny drop
Stage 2. RE 3.5 Super-Flex with Adjustabel UCA's
Stage 3. Adds Tom Woods DS.

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
I have the RE 3.5 SF and do have vibes. The alignment shop tried for 3 hours to get rid of them but couldn't. More noticable at highway speeds.
Am doing a MM lift, body lift, and a belly up skid so will need to get a CV shaft.

Brian

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
I have the 3.5 kit and had vibes. Got a Tom Woods CV drivesahft, adjusted the pinion up and now no vibes. Seems to be hit or miss on the 3.5 kit, though a CV DS is a good idea either way to avoid loading up the U-joint too much (IMHO).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts