Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, you can call me "overly particular" or even the "A" word my wife uses, but something has been bugging me about my Rubi'. When going over bumps, the clutch pedal rattles (lower frequency sound). I know it doesn't hurt anything, but it anoys me.

When I take it back to the Stealership for it's 19.95 oil change, I am going to have them take a look at it. In the meantime, however, I was wondering if anyone has the same issue!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Rattles are normal in my JP so I really never noticed..I will pay more attention tonite and let you know...Does the pedel move side to side easily with you hand...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have an auto, so no clutch pedal. BUT, my throttle pedel rattles on hard bumps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My clutch pedal rattles! I had it in to the dealer today to repair the standard factory installed front axle seal leak and the clutch pedal rattle. No problem replacing the axle seal. I was told they checked every clutch pedal on the lot and they were all the same. They said it was normal and I would get used to it. Thats a bunch of B.S. I was a dealership technician for 14 years so I guess I'll just have to fix it myself. It's the only rattle in the Jeep. :x

·
Registered
308 Posts
Mine makes tons of noise. My roads are pretty rough (think washboarded fire-roads) and it's loud. I looked at the FSM once upon a time and saw that one side had a bushing and the other had none. One of these days I'll tear it apart. Until then, I put some rubber bands (2) between the clutch and brake pedals and that stopped most of it. In any case, I was picking up the bad habit of riding the clutch pedal which had to be stopped.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts