Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I knew what was happening, my "friend" had me put a Rancho rockcrawler lift on my Rubicon. I replaced the Rancho swaybar disconnects with JKS units. Everything seems fine except I was unable to get the autotranny skid plate reinstalled. It looks like I could add some spacers to the bolts, and the skid pan might work. Not sure if it would be better than looking for another aftermarket brand. Anyone out there with similar issues, or recommendation for aftermarket brand?

Thanks,
Newbie to Rubicons.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you not like about the Rancho dicsos?

I had a Rancho Rockcrawler kit on my 2000 Tj and the discos are the only thing I liked.

Mark

I was unable to get the sway bar to reconnect. I could get one side on but not the other. They are not like the JKS, or terra flex where you just slip them on the stud. You have to insert it into the connector which is mounted to the stud. Lining up the angles was a nightmare. I like to be able to reconnect very fast. Also when disconnected you hold them up with the fastner-pin to the fender. I like the jks/terraflex design of mounting them on a stud when disconnected.

Perhaps there is a trick that I never learned? I tryed for an hour to reconnect them the first time I used 'em. Got frustrated, and switched to something I have of experience with.

They do look really cool.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts