Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eddie...

I have a quick question...

Can you make a partition barrier out of the same material as the side mesh nets. I would buy one of those in a heart beat. It would provide that restricted access to the front area and I am sure it would help in keeping the rain out when you are just using the bikini top and deck cover.

Thanks

Sean

Welcome to the board Eddie....

http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDetails.asp?productID=144

·
Registered
503 Posts
Eddie,

I am interested in the side and rear nets.I am planning a long road trip and would like to travel with the soft top up,windows off,have full metal doors.
The nets would be used for security of my gear/luggage ie,eating,bathroom stops etc.
Do the nets lock onto their mounting points and can the windows be installed [rain]with the nets in place?

Bill

·
Registered
402 Posts
Sure can stay there, no need to remove or anything to raise or lower top, works with hardtops too. I leave them in year round on my rig.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Very cool....Thank you. :D Gonna get me some.
Bill

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Hey Eddie,
Ever thought of making a high quality adjustable door strap? I've broken 3 of those cheap SOB's. Maybe even in color, like Intense Blue?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I have the full net in mine

One thing that stopped me from getting the barrier net was how to let the animals and my son for that matter in and out. The nets take a bit of time to synch in and release so its not a quick process. If you run without the backseat and no hide a trunk, than I can see just simply opening the tailgate to let small dogs in and out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lothos,
I do have the back seat out.I have the full steel doors,so I need coverage on the rear and side windows.

They would keep the pooch in and deter a sneak thief.

Bill

Oh yeah,nice JP

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Lothos... Armor All on Jeep tires? The shame!!!! :roll: :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Armor all helps prevent dry rot, makes mud easier to clean off, and smells better than Pam cooking spray :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I've not worn my strap, but the door pin is bending around and out the door. Weak steel I think.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes,

I am on my second set. First set passenger door lasted about a month. Drivers side about 2 months.

Second set is only week old . . . we shall see . . . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts