Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to start a separate thread for our soft goods. We currently build 6 nets for the Rubicon and 2 different 2003 model year specific grips. There has been a little bit of confusion on our roll bar grips, so I will attemp to clarify the differences.

The Raingler Ballistic Grips
http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDet ... roductID=5 will fit the front to (over the door) windshield roll bars. * They now simply say "Raingler" on them like the picture below.

Raingler Quick Grips
http://www.raingler.com/shop/productDet ... ductID=139 fit the center bar (above head that sound pods mount to) and all the way to the rear seat belts bars.

Just another case where the differences in the 2003 and Rubicons are specific and not a "one size fits all Wranglers" mentality that some seem to believe.

Any questions on this or any other Raingler Net products, please don't hesitate to ask me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
ALL SIZES OF GRIPS

Eddie, Thanks for all the help with the grips, I am using 3 different sizes. one size for padded roll bar in the front, one size for the padded roll bar in the back(for the kids) and one size for the unpadded section of my or-fab cage. Also on the rock skids I installed them with no lift on my jeep. All I had to do was remove a bolt from the stock rockrail that it was rubbing against. The rails are great.
Bob

·
Registered
351 Posts
Grips

I used the original set of deluxe grips I ordered from you and cut off 1 1/2 inched melted the edge and sewed it back together. Then I used Tent seam sealer on the inside to keep it from sliding back and forth on the bar.
I used the second set on the front padded bars and the ones you sent for a defender on the rear padded section.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Eddie,

I just thought of an idea that you might be interested in. I have the OEM sun bonnet (which probably isn't much different than the Bestop and I use it exclusively. The only problem is during heavy rain. I the space between the rollbar and the windjammer doesn't directly let rain in, but it accumulates on the bar and then eventually drips in. I was thinking that it probabbly wouldn't be hard to come up with something that would fit under the lip of the sun bonnet and wrap around the bar. It could have a grip on the inside but most importantly it would have a ridge that would make the water drip outside instead of come around to the inside. I would be happy to take a picture of my roll bar and try to explain myself further. I dont' know how many people out there have sun bonnets and windjammers but I am pretty sure that the few of us that there are would appreciate something like that. I am sick of all my stuff getting wet in the rear footwells and my cupholders collecting rain.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking one of the steel rods that would "bow" up? I saw someone mount a cb antenna across top to do something like what I think you are explaining. Shoot me some pics and/or sketches to [email protected] if you get a chance here.

G

·
0 Posts
Eddie,

As you know I love my nets.........and my grips but here is something to think about now that new bikini's are available for the 2003+.

With my Bestop Bikini I have to use the door surrounds to make the Bikini Top fit since the nets won't allow you to use the secondary mounting attachment for the Bestop Bikiki.

The first attachment method is velcro straps that would mount to the roll bar like your hand grips do (But sense the net uses this spot, you can't use this method of mounting).

The second attachment uses the Door Surrounds and mounts just like the soft top mounts to the OEM Full Soft Top using the channel to slip the plastic mounts into the ridges of the door surrounds.

I can't see you being able to change your design for people who want to run Bikini's but I would recommend that you tell them that unless they have door surrounds, the top won't mount to the sides without it. Now........do you need to mount it to the sides (No.......but the wind really wipes them up and down with only the front windshield mount and the rear mounts).

Wrote this so you don't get a customer calling saying "My Bikini won't fit because of the Nets..............and I don't have door surrounds, I want my money back. Now you can warn them ahead of time of this circumstance.

Cheers............Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts