Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wiring a CB and on my 2000 TJ there was a wire behind the glove box with a tag that said unswitched aux wire. My Rubi does not have any tags on the wires behind the glove box. Does anyone know which wire is the aux power wire???

G

·
0 Posts
Those wires the switched and unswitched no longer exist. You would need to tap into a fuse, or splice into a wire. I don't know if you have a hard top or not, but if you don't the easiest way to do it is to get a mini fuse tap, find one of the open slots for the hard top like the rear wiper, or defroster fuse holder. Take a close look you will see that there is power to the slot, just no wire on the other side. Just tap it there. If you are real ambitious, pull the fuse block, install a wire to the back and put in a fuse.

Ron

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I hook both the red and the black to the fuse slot?? Or just the red- then where goes the black. Would it be easier to just buy a 12v car cig lighter plug and plug it into the aux power hole?

G

·
0 Posts
Red goes to +12VDC, black to ground. The black wire can be attached to any point on the body, but make certain the wire actually contacts the metal. Paint can prevent this connectiona.

Dan

·
Registered
348 Posts
I installed my cb at the same time I done the locker bypass. I tapped into the aux power adapter and cigarette lighter. The cb I put in had a constant power wire for memory and a wire for on off power. I mounted the cb on the back of the console and ran the wires under it to the front and grounded the ground wire to one of the screws that holds the transmission cover floorboard on. Works great and looks good. I mounted the mike on the front of the console. My cb is a smaller one so it isnt in the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts