Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pushbutton on my rearview mirror. push it once and a green light lights on the bottom of the mirror. there is a similar right hand light that never lights. I have no idea what this is supposed to be doing and there is no mention of it in my users manual. What is this button supposed to do? its a 2018 JK

Rob

·
Registered
639 Posts
Auto dim on and off for the mirror.

Reactions: mr222

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'll only notice it if someone is behind you with high beams on and you turn it off.
how does it work? it may never work with a 35" spare tire blocking most of the back window. i still don't understand why there are two little lights on the bottom, but only the one on the left ever lights up.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
how does it work? it may never work with a 35" spare tire blocking most of the back window. i still don't understand why there are two little lights on the bottom, but only the one on the left ever lights up.
I'll see if I can take a pic of mine later. There should be to "map lights" or "reading lights" underneath the mirror. I think the buttons for them are on the bottom as well. Most cars have those mounted on the ceiling. Since you can't do that with removable tops Jeep put them in the mirror. As you're looking at the mirror there is a marked power button that turns on a little green light that lets you know that the autodimming feature is on. It's a pretty gradual thing and not really noticeable until you turn it off at night with bright lights behind you. I have no clue where the sensors for it are. Mine hasn't had any problems with a 35" tire mounted on the tailgate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts