Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of installing the pump kit and reservoir. Pump installation should be a simple remove and replace. The remote reservoir is a challenge. The kit comes with all sorts of brackets and no instructions. Anyone got pictures of what the installation should look like?

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
The best place for the reservoir is closest to the pump. With that being the case, you can mount it next ot the washer fluid bottle. You will have to modify the bracket, but is easy to do so.

·
3,633 Posts
You can make additional room under hood by moving the cooland overflow bottle forward (closer to the rad).

You can see what I did here:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent. Thanks gentlemen!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mouse - did you route that overflow tube to a bottle? Or just let it go? Me, I just give mine a wipe with a rag when it gets too messy in there ;0)

·
3,633 Posts
Its routed to the inner fender, and has dumped there before when over-filled. I've bought a longer hose to route it a little cleaner, but haven't got around to installing it yet...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got everything installed and it all works fine, actually great. Due to some underhood clutter and line geometry I mounted the reservoir on the high side of the bracket. The vent line folds shut on the hood, so it won't function, and I have 86'd it for now. Anyway, with the reservoir breathing and doing its job; how do you keep moisture out of the system?

JK

·
3,633 Posts
2JK said:
I got everything installed and it all works fine, actually great. Due to some underhood clutter and line geometry I mounted the reservoir on the high side of the bracket. The vent line folds shut on the hood, so it won't function, and I have 86'd it for now. Anyway, with the reservoir breathing and doing its job; how do you keep moisture out of the system?

JK
I don't think you can stop it with the open vent. In my jeep the fluid gets pretty hot, I would think that in itself keeps the moisture content low. BTW, I'm running synthetic tractor fluid from Amsoil. The pump has never made a squeek.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I, too, mounted my reservoir in the same location as Mouse, but instead of installing the reservoir clamp below the mount flange, I put mine on top. I used the Derale heat-sink cooler mounted in front of the the radiator, ala mrblaine's pic and advice and it works fine. The whole thing steers light as a feather now.

JK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts