Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local offroad shop has both. Apparently Procomp is having a deal thru the end of June where you get 4 tires for the price of 3. I am planning on going with AR767 wheels and was wondering if these tires are any good? There would be a savings of about $250 over the cost of 5 tires/wheels if I go with the Procomp. Are the BFG's worth the extra money? TIA

Wheel Size 15x10 or 15x8 haven't decided yet. 33x12.5 Tires

Thanks
John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I feel that the BFGs are better than the pro comps, but if you will save $250 by getting the pro comps, then get the pro comps. The BFGs are not $250 better than the pro comps.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I have had nothing but great experiences with Pro Comp. I think they are better than BFG. Go with the Pro Comp is what I would do. :)

Justin

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
JustinRuby03 said:
I have had nothing but great experiences with Pro Comp. I think they are better than BFG. Go with the Pro Comp is what I would do. :)

Justin
I second this statement. I was impressed somewhat with the BFG KM's but after wheeling with my buddy and watching him blow 2 sidewalls at a crawl I would not want a set on my JP. BFG will not stand by the product either. I have heard lots of good about procomp so I would go that way. :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do yourself a favour and buy MT's Either brand. Take it from a guy that's had AT's in the past...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I run ProComp MT's on my 99 TJ, they're great. On a 10" rim they've worn very well and have survived many trails where BFG's have torn sidewalls.

I give them a very good reccomendation.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I ran both the Pro-Comp A/T's and M/T's.
If you do buy any new tire, try to get a road hazard warranty.

The Pro-Comp A/T's wear very well, the tread will last many miles, they even have a 50,000 mile tread warranty. Only bad thing about a tire that has that knid of tread life is it is a hard compound, and on rocks tend to slip, a softer tire compound is used in the BFG A/T's, and the M/T's are a softer compound. I personnaly liked the Pro-Comp M/T's, and would buy them again. The A/T's are okay.

The Pro-Comps do have a very soft sidewall, those were the only failures I had with them. Glad I had the road hazard warranty.

The BFG A/T's seem to out perform the PC A/t's off road when I was wheeling with other TJ's equiped the same as mine. But like I said the BFG's wore out quickly.

IMO: In a nutshell, I would buy the Pro-Comp A/T's again, but would rather run the Pro-Comp M/T's. The BFG's are overpriced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts