Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were advertising on ebay a "2003 Jeep Island Topper/Header" which is simply not true. The header fits 2003s, but the Topper doesnt. It will not fit around the roll-bar padding above the doors (because its for a 97-02, but they dont understand that), and the center straps that wrap around just behind the seats, dont have enough strap to reach.

I tried to speak with them 3 times, I left messages twice, and the third time, spoke with a nice women, but after being informed my problem, was promptly told the owner wasnt in and she was on a conference call...

You decide if you wish to deal with these vendors or not...

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Great...I just ordered from them last week...it was ther regular bikini top though...any flaws with them?
Pete

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing other than the fact that the top will be for a 97-02 I bet... Please post what you get here for me...

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
LanceM said:
Nothing other than the fact that the top will be for a 97-02 I bet... Please post what you get here for me...
No problem..the top is advratised as fitting the 03 model though..we shal see
Pete M

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Well, after much stretching and pulling I finally go the bikini top to fit....it definatley isnt made for the 03....it is a 02...anyhow, the straps dont fit correctly still but i use the channel in the door surrounds and 3 of the straps in the rear to make it work.

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
petesjeeprubi said:
Well, after much stretching and pulling I finally go the bikini top to fit....it definatley isnt made for the 03....it is a 02...anyhow, the straps dont fit correctly still but i use the channel in the door surrounds and 3 of the straps in the rear to make it work.

Personally, I'd send it back and put a STOP on the credit card if they won't give ya a refund... I hate vendors that don't know or BS what adaptations products have for dif. model years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts