Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions/hints for installing Medic's Transfer Case skid plate? The instructions are very good, just wondering if anybody who's done this has advice.

Also, what is the most lift someone has run with this and not had vibes? Medic runs his with a 2"BB and no vibes, but will a 2.5" OME work? Currently I have 2" with a combination of BL (1 1/4") and spring spacers (3/4") in addition to a MML, but am planning on replacing the spring spacers with an OME lift next year. Need to know if a TW driveshaft needs to be added to the budget (and if so, will adjustable UCAs be needed).

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
You'll like it. First of all, the BL doesn't affect the driveline so don't figure that into the equation.

I have the OME HD springs with 3/4" spacers up front and the OME 3/8" spacers all around. I didn't have any vibes until I installed the Medic skid. They were bad between 10 and 25 mph. I ordered a TW Rubicon CV driveshaft and JKS rear UCAs. The vibes are much better but there is a hint of vibes that I feel through the gas pedal at speed. The measured distance from the ground to the bottom of the Medic skid is 15.5 inches. Adding the skid made my driveline act as if I have a 4"+ lift. I also have a MM that helps tilt the driveline back.

The skid install is really simple. Just make sure you jack the transfer case up as far as possible so no weight is on the skid when you bolt it to the frame. I recommend you get the engine skid when you can. It's a really good combination.

With your setup I don't think you'll get vibes. Every install seems different though. Good luck.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Install was easy. I run the 2" BB same as Medic and I did get vibes. I lengthened the stock upper CA by knocking out the indents where the rear bolt goes through. This helped greatly but I am a perfectionist and wasnt completely satified so I also too a 3/4 nut and longer bolts to shim down the skid plate. NO vibes at all. I will be moving to a 3inch lift soon and I wanted to order the TW shaft then. Runs fine on and off road. ANd I agree the with the engine skid they are a great combo as I have them both!!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to let everybody know that the install went fine. No problems except one of the compressor mounting studs sheared off (which is fine, 3 is enough) and my shifter bumps into my cb in 5th gear. No vibes, but I only have a 3/4" spacer lift.

Tested her out already and I clear in places I used to slide over. Great mod!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts