Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I am looking to purchase a powertank setup and I was wondering where everyone goes to get them cheap.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Do yourself a favor, if you do go the cheap route and buy a plain bottle at least get the powertank regulator unless you enjoy waiting for the thing to thaw out each time you air 1 or 2 tires up.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Soundguy said:
Do yourself a favor, if you do go the cheap route and buy a plain bottle at least get the powertank regulator unless you enjoy waiting for the thing to thaw out each time you air 1 or 2 tires up.
Easy clown boy I can air all four of my tires before it freezes up! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

·
Registered
413 Posts
When I was using Co2 I set mine up for under $60 plus the first fill.

I got an old Coke tank which the hydro stat test date was expired. Ground down the property of CC painted the tank. Had a shop retest & stamp it plus bought a used reg.

If you are any where near an airport you can find a shop that services O2 bottles.

Is my tank illegal? yeah. Did I steal it? no. Do I care? no.

Before any one asks I'm not selling my reg. It is my plan B. Just in case my OBA failed and I didn't have time to get it fixed before a trip. If it fails on a trip I'm out of luck cause I'm not carrying the tank as a back. Too big!

Matt

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Doghouse said:
Soundguy said:
Easy clown boy I can air all four of my tires before it freezes up! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
X2 You better hope that high dollar bling bottle don't run out :lildevil: :rotflmao:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
The package that is sold at http://www.formattfab.com is the best deal on the net at $140.

I got my cylinder through a local beer distributor who also does my fills. $1 per lb of CO2. Ended up costing me $30 filled. Purchased a fixed regulator for $35. Total of about $75 after getting the flex hose and some fittings from Home Depot or Harbor Freight, I forget which.

I've had no issues with the fixed regulator freezing. I've filled all 4 tires and then a wheeling buddy's. I've drained the cylinder using an air chisel. The cylinder was frosted. The regulator was frosted on the outside...but it never froze up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts