Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to consider my options. I'd like to park the Jeep in the garage. I would like to get some measurements from lifted vehicles running 33's and 35's on both short arms and long arm lifts.

Please provide:
Tire size
Lift height (ie 3.5" or 4.5" etc)
Lift type and brand (ie RELA)
Any other lift info (body lift etc)
Measured height from highest point on roof to floor.

And for you Air guys ( :wink: Jerry), maybe your "cruise" height....ie the height of your Rubi as you would drive into the garage. (By the way, can you manually lower the Jeep and drive in?)

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Ned said:
I want to consider my options. I'd like to park the Jeep in the garage.

And for you Air guys ( :wink: Jerry), maybe your "cruise" height....ie the height of your Rubi as you would drive into the garage. (By the way, can you manually lower the Jeep and drive in?)
Aw, nuts. Busted. I thought I could have some fun with this. :D

My highway ride height on Air Rubi is too high to fit in the garage. My garage is underneath the house, and has a very low ceiling. Before I put the 33s and the BL on it, the Jeep would just clear the door going in. Ever since then I haven't even tried to park it in the garage. :roll:

Yes, I can bring the suspension right down to the bumpstops if I choose to. But I'll have to take a measurement to see if it would fit in the garage. I'll let you know over the weekend.

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
JerryC said:
My highway ride height on Air Rubi is too high to fit in the garage. My garage is underneath the house, and has a very low ceiling. Before I put the 33s and the BL on it, the Jeep would just clear the door going in. Ever since then I haven't even tried to park it in the garage. :roll:
This brings up a good point and one that I was considering when I read the recent write up on air bags in one of this months magazines. It seemed to imply that the system would adjust the height up for highway rides. I would have thought it would adjust the height down (for both handling and aerodynamics). Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
heres mine.....

Tire size 305/70R/16'' MTR`s
Lift height 3.5"
Lift type and brand RELA
Any other lift info Terra Flex 1'' BL
Measured height from highest point on rear Hard Top to floor. 761/4''
i did not measure the soft top height......
it does seem is a bit taller ....seems it sticks up on the middle & rear bow.

the garage opening is 80''

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Are you still looking for 4.5 and 35's...?

If so it will measure around 81"

My JP with 1.5" BL will be around 83"...

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
3 1/2" RE lift
33" tires
soft top 75" even

·
Registered
237 Posts
35" BFG MT
4.5" RESA
1.25" JKS BL
Hardtop height=82 1/2"

7' garage door, I have to make sure it is open ALL the way!

That measurement is with 30psi in the tires, don't know if you ran less how much it or if it would be shorter.

J.

·
Registered
706 Posts
um.... guys? this thread is from 2003.

·
Registered
237 Posts
dooouuuhhh!

details, details...

glad I got my dummy move for the day out of the way!!!

J.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts