Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 4" lift,1.25" body lift and 35 installed, I have a LOT more play in my steering now please explain why and can this be fixed? I am going to the alignment shop today will they be able to strighten my steering back to its normal position.

·
Registered
843 Posts
??

Sure, shouldn't be a problem, I assume this is the first alignment since the installation. No worries.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
get a Monroe Steering stablizer...

Monroe
# SC2928
this is from a 97 TJ in the parts book Checker Auto Parts .
is guarnteed for life... cost was 22.95
Steers like a dream!
:clapping:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to talk the sales person in to throwing in a steering stableizier, I told him i wanted the one that superlift offered. So what i am saying is that i already have an aftermarket stableizier.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes this is the 1st alignment

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Hey....I found that after I installed my RE 4.5 a month later my steering wheel was off quite a bit....I recomend going to firestone and buying the lifetime alignment...it cost me 100 bucks but I am already 1/2 way to earnng all my $$ back...i have already had it aligned 2 times....
Pete M

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back from the alignment shop, MAN what a difference, steering wheel stright and the play is a hell of lot better. I do not have a Firestone shop near, but i will ask around about the lifetime alignment. Thank you guys. This forum ROCKS!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts