Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering a few things about how most people decide where to buy their stuff?

Do you have a trusted shop or person, that you always go to for purchases?

OR

Do you shop on price only?

OR

Do you shop on a combo of trust and price?

Also, how do you know if you got good pricing?, great pricing?, or got screwed on price?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i use the combo method.

local 4x shop
manufacturer direct
net sales for hard to find things.

exper of others also helps..

price is sometimes better left out of the factor as
"cheaper is not always best"

:wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I really didn't think about this much before I ordered.
Now I am thinking I maybe should of done it differently. I just got tired of milling over all my options -vs- my budget, I went and found the cheapest price I could find and ordered rather hastily.

It will probably be fine, I used a guy that uses paypal for payment is all, and one time a few years back I had a bad situation with paypal on a non 4x4 related purchase.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I go to someone I trust for work and often for parts. However if I can get a good price on a product with a factory warranty (such as a Warn Winch) I am not scared to order it from someone else.

·
Registered
843 Posts
OK

I agree with Mac and if I can do the business locally that makes it that much better, expierence and availibility are two very important things and when they know your face it's even better. It long term cost, not initial that counts.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
I always try to buy localally, from a shop and people I know. That's not always possible, when I do have to order I look at Summit Racing, or the company that made it. Another good place for me is 4 Wheel Parts Performance (aka, Wholesalers) they will generally match an online price, and there are 2 local stores for me in Denver.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, I am in the Denver area and called them I am sure. they did not mention they would match prices. They probably had stock on a RE7000 kit to huh???? I will press them on price in the future. Thanks for the post.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You will not find anyone who beats these guys on prices, service, and fast shipping...

http://www.nsor.com/

I had a faulty BDS suspension component shipped from them once. Instead of having to return the item, the guy simply got me to take a digital photo of it. He then sent the photo to BDS and had them ship me a replacement directly, without me ever having to return the defective item.

That kind of service is rare, in my experience.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well i also do the combo thing.. I have a friend that is a Jeep mechanic so I pick his brain for ideas then ask on this board then do a little research then order the from the cheapest place.. That is unless I am unable to do the mod myself then I would go with a local guy but there isnt really anyone here I trust besides my friend and I cant always afford enough beer for him to wrench for me :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rubiconvict said:
You will not find anyone who beats these guys on prices, service, and fast shipping... http://www.nsor.com
Uhh... you sure there? I checked their 'Specials'- JKS Discos on 'Sale' for $191? :shock: 48" HiLift for $93 ? :shock: Seems way higher than almost all of my local dealers.

-Reid-

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Calypso said:
Rubiconvict said:
You will not find anyone who beats these guys on prices, service, and fast shipping... http://www.nsor.com
Uhh... you sure there? I checked their 'Specials'- JKS Discos on 'Sale' for $191? :shock: 48" HiLift for $93 ? :shock: Seems way higher than almost all of my local dealers.

-Reid-
North Shore is a Canadian retailer. As of yesterday, $191 CAD is about $138 USD. It's still cheaper for our Northern brethren to deal with a local company rather than import their parts themselves and pay the duty.

Of course, if they come south, buy their stuff and then go home, would they have anything to declare? :lol:

Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts