Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dang.. same color as mine even..... sniff sniff....

I hope the INS. comes out decent for you!!!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'd keep it too, if you could buy it back cheap. New Hood and windshield frame and tube fender the front. Would be better than new.

BTW, glad everyone ended up ok.

James

·
Registered
384 Posts
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
HF!!! Did I miss a thread or something? What happened?

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
OUTCH..is the frame bent? you might want to consider keeping it and rebuilding it....It would be an awsome point for a trail only vehicle.
Pete M

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks in surprisingly good shape. If the only damage is the body I would keep it. If not you could always buy it back and sell the parts off of it. Just glad that everyone was okay.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
triver, he was sideswipped by a vehicle that came over in his lane causing him to swerve hit the median and roll three times. Do I have this correct Rubiconvict?

·
Registered
478 Posts
OMG!! if that was my jeep someone would be walking around without a head and a neck full of $hit!! But it looks to me like the insurance company is gonna fix it unless you have replacement insurance. Then again insurance is a little messed up here in Alberta so it might not get fixed. If they don't fix it buy it back it would make a cool rock crawler or mud slinger!!

If you get a new one you'll get that new jeep smell again!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, that's pretty much it. A woman accidently executed one of those police high speed chase ending maneuvers by striking me in the rear driver's side quarter panel with her front passenger side quarter panel causing me to rotate 90 degrees, hit the median, catch a wheel and flip three times. We ended up on the roof, facing the other direction on the opposite side of the four laner. Fortunately there was no oncoming traffic at the time.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Looks salvageable. Glad to hear you and the GF are OK. Were you driving with the doors off?

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always run with the nuts removed from the hinge pins, so as soon as the doors were opened at the scene, while the rig was up-side-down, the doors popped right off.

:roll:

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Not a ride I ever want to go on.

Glad you both came through okay.

I would push hard to get them to buy you a new one. Make sure you stress the fact that it is a limited production model (even if DC is making a bunch more than they intended), the accident was not your fault, and that you will not pursue any personal injury claims if they buy you a new one, if not, are you sure you're not hurt? I'm sort of not joking.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
First off... Glad to hear everone is OK...

From looking at the pix... I would have to say...I am glad that it happened in the JP...That is a nasty roll and the damage may look bad but I would rather take my chances in a JP... :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The happy ending...

They wrote off my Rubicon, and since I had a replacement depreciation clause in my policy, they cut me a cheque for the original dealer invoice total, plus two grand! This means I basically got paid to wheel a brand new Rubicon every weekend for the past year.

Ya just gotta love it!

Anyhow...

Lunch time today I'm picking up my new 'ride'. It's a 2003 Acura RSX. And I'll be on the hunt for a project TJ to build up, in the meantime.

Here's a shot of a pocket rocket indentical to the one I'll be driving off the local Acrua dealer's lot today...

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Congrats on your new car....So did you strip the old rubi? I have to ask but are you planing on selling any of the old parts you stripped...???

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The insurance company has a contract with a local scrap yard/used parts dealer to turn over all written off vehicles to them. They have chosen not to part-out or sell the rig as is. They are going to rebuild and sell her as a unit.

However...

I am getting all my offroad mods back, including the 33s, the AR767s, and all my skid plates and the stainless front diff guard.

I have decided to 'give' the parts to a couple of my best wheelin' pals (one who owns a Rubicon), since I was fortunate enough to come out of this accident smelling so **** rosey.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I hate that your not goin to another Rubi. Hope you find a nice used TJ SOON tho! Brian

1 - 20 of 21 Posts