Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is true but I put it in humor because I'm not really serious...

A couple days ago I was in my garage unscrewing a board from a 4x4 post. When the screw came loose the post fell right on my big toe. As if that wasn't bad enough I just lost that nail several months ago and it was just starting to grow back pretty good.

As I lay on the floor of my garage yelling and cussing while holding my toe, I remembered I had two things with me, my phone and my gun.

I began to think to myself... if I was alone and really hurt, at what degree do I grab my phone to call 911 or just grab the gun?:smile2:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't carry. But the miserable old next door neighbor doesn't like me so I could phone him and he would take care of it.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Ouch. I make sure I always have my phone when working alone, my Sig is always in the holster.
I second this. I never work alone without a phone and a Sig on me.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,992 Posts
Ouch. I make sure I always have my phone when working alone, my Sig is always in the holster.

same here, except 2 phones (work and personal)

Reactions: mac

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I think my dry humor was overlooked... let me rephrase...

If I was alone really hurt, at what degree do I call 911 or just shoot myself and end the misery?

All things considered, I'd go ahead take the easy way out!

I really need to do this, but I forget, and although I never get phone calls when I start working I get several. I have had accidents and after the fact wondered what I would do. My gates are locked, four German Shepherds, and no phone. I surely wouldn't consider injuring myself further, but having said this, if I were on Kodiak Island alone and a big Grizzly just chewed my arm and leg off and was coming back with a friend for another snack I may consider an alternative not unless of course I was hunting with a MK43 Mod 0 with plenty of ammo then I might just be having bear stew while recuperating in the hospital. Yes, I had a GPS homing beacon and two tourniquets in my pocket for the arm and leg, and some morphine for pain.
Just a scenario where I might consider harming myself. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts