Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Hmm.. Nice looking Red X... Okay now that you teased me.. Might want to check your link.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Suggestions for your lift. I just put in a RE 3.5 for a buddy, and I really liked that quality of the parts and the ride afterwords. Mine is getting an OME and a BL for 3"+.

Ron

·
Registered
135 Posts
Go Rubicon Express. I am digging the 4.5 SF :)

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally recoverd from my TDY trips to Washington and got my RE4.5 SF Kit ordered with OME shocks. My heart pitter-pattered because I have never spent this much money on my jeep at once, especialy a new jeep...but like I told Mshelton(who BTW gave me a great deal on the kit and saved me $$$), its like a dream come true to do this. My plan is to install on labor day weekend hopefully, and hit Uwarrie National forest the first weekend in October. Along with the lift Im also going to install some other mods that I have ordered that have been sitting around like my oil pan skid and front dif skid. I will post pics when I get them

A VERY HAPPY Pete M

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Pete,

Nice looking rig. Same as mine, but mine is still stock. Jeezz, what are they paying you guys at Bragg now? I could barely afford a old CJ-7 when I was stationed there. Maybe the government finally decided to pay soldiers a decent wage..... (but I doubt it).

Anyway, nice Jeep and I hope I can build mine to look as nice as yours. Just got the 2" coil spacers, 1.25 inch body lift, MM lift and disconects. It's a cheap start.

Chris
(former 2/325 A.I.R. Recon)

G

·
0 Posts
Cool man!!! I just installed my RE 4.5 SF over the weekend, I am awaiting my custom shaft to be built.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kits in...ive got it jacked up, all the wheels off, shocks off and now im messing with the track bar...its a PITA.....stay tuned for the play by play.
Pete M

G

·
0 Posts
When is your shaft due in???

I just got my Woody yesterday but I have been beating on the install since last Saturday.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cant order my woody untill after the install when i do the measurements....I stopped install today about 7pm ish...i only worked today for about 2-3 hrs....whew its tiring...no power tools
Pete M

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update!!

First, check out the before picture at the top of the page...Ok, heres a pic of Rubi with her new lift....quite a change but she is still on stock tires so she looks kinda funny...no issues with the lift install yet...right now I am just waiting for my drive shaft and possibly some shock extensions to come in. I have a buddy thats letting me drive his jp untill next week to tide me over for work so I am quite comfortable waiting. The fun part will be when I start tweeking the angle to get minimal vibe. Thanks for all the help from those who anwsered my questions on the kit install!! I am planning to break this puppy in at the end of the month at Uwarrie National Forest!
AFTER!!!

Pete M

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WrathOfRubicon said:
Cool man!!! I just installed my RE 4.5 SF over the weekend, I am awaiting my custom shaft to be built.
Hey how long did your shaft end up measureing out to?
Pete M

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
mine was 16 3/16"
:wink:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
petesjeeprubi said:
4x4mac said:
mine was 16 3/16"
Question...would a taller lift mean a longer drive shaft? my measurement was 17 1/4.....hmm......
Pete
possibly..
almost an inch sounds like a lot.

hope that pic helps..

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4x4mac said:
petesjeeprubi said:
4x4mac said:
mine was 16 3/16"
Question...would a taller lift mean a longer drive shaft? my measurement was 17 1/4.....hmm......
Pete
possibly..
almost an inch sounds like a lot.

hope that pic helps..
Thats how i did it..just like on TW website....either way TW said that if it dosnt fit they will fix it. I sure hope it fits though..im driving my buddys stock 97 TJ now.......BTW...did you use shock extensions?(did i ask u this alreay?)

Pete M.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts