Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep owning hams that have an interest in HF should find Parks on the Air a nice fit for combining both hobbies. Basically, you go to a sanctioned state/national park or wildlife management area and make at least ten contacts using mobile or portable radio gear. Numerous awards are given for various achievements.

I am finding it a great reason to get out and exercise both the Jeep and my emergency radio gear. I am enjoying it, and you might, too.

https://parksontheair.com/

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you are asking, John, but this was a few weeks ago as I activated Withlacoochee State Trail/Forest. I have two setups, the FT857 seen here in my go-bag, and a KX2/KPA100 setup for use if I know I have shelter. QRP is tough at this point in the solar cycle.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Not sure what you are asking, John, but this was a few weeks ago as I activated Withlacoochee State Trail/Forest. I have two setups, the FT857 seen here in my go-bag, and a KX2/KPA100 setup for use if I know I have shelter. QRP is tough at this point in the solar cycle.

Maybe your call?

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is essentially state forest. No park in the area as such. The trail is a multi use bike path over old railroad right of way. Florida is rich with trails and parks. Some, like the cross Florida trail are for hiking, but they are converting miles of old rail beds to paved bike paths, some of which will link from the gulf to the Atlantic eventually.

There are OHV trails/roads in the state and national forests, but nothing like out west. You must have a affinity for mud.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts