Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from Paragon at 12:30am this morning. Here's a teaser for all you pic ho's. More to come tonight and through the week as I get some from some of the other folks we wheeled with. This was just warm up.

Jerry

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
:bowing: AIR RUBi...
Looks Good!!
finally offroad and and on ROCKS!!!!
bet it was a good feeling to get out of the money pit driveway
:wink:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Here's a little flex:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!! But is that all ya got? I'm like a crack head that cant find his next fix!!!!!!!!!!! We need nore pics.... :p

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yes
But Jerry, the question that I will forever want to ask is....Is that real flex or you just playing with the buttons! :D

Just kidding, its looking good. A little lacking in the quantity of pictures department, but looking good!

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ned said:
Yes
But Jerry, the question that I will forever want to ask is....Is that real flex or you just playing with the buttons! :D

Just kidding, its looking good. A little lacking in the quantity of pictures department, but looking good!
That's all real flex. On the Gen 2 AiROCK you can't control the individual air springs. Everything is done in pairs, eg, front, rear, right side, left side. I left it at my highway ride height which is about 4 inches of lift and wheeled it. I did get hung on the TC case once, and just hit the all up and cruised on out. There's one shot below where I rocked the suspension to the right to avoid a tree.

We had a group of 10 Jeeps - 1 XJ, 2 YJs, 3 Rubis and the rest TJs. They ran from stock (Vinnies Rubi) all the way to elff's psycho Rubi. Most of us had lifts of one form or another, and there were only a few that were running open diffs on both ends. Enjoy the pics.

Here's the group shot taken late in the day:

Jim Smith at the start of Whompum. Jim took the lead for the day and performed yeoman duty as a spotter. Thanks Jim.
That's Karen riding shotgun, TJ in the back seat. That's Doug spotting.

Air Rubi waiting

Air Rubi moving

Air Rubi waiting

Air Rubi moving. Note elff, the psycho spotter.

Doug's TJ. This is a very neat Jeep. Doesn't look too flashy, it just goes whereever Doug points it. Believe me, he knows where to point it.
Doug also spottted throughout the day and did a great job. Thanks Doug.

Dave's XJ. He paid $1400 for that rig, and put on a lift. It was his first time out in it. In fact, it was his first time four wheeling.
He wheeled the hell out of it. Good job Dave. This is a good shot of why they call this trail Whompum. Josh is spotting here.

OK. Here he is, the elff man with his 35s. elff took every psycho line he could find and made most all of them. That's Heather, Vinnie's fiance,
riding shotgun. She thinks elff's a rock star.

elff, you are such a man...

elff, you are so twisted...

Vinnie in the stock Rubi. Jim consulting on the proper line.

Here's Josh with the stuck shot of the day. Josh was the 4th and last of us to try this line. He got slightly off line to the left,
slid off, and got hung up on that rock.

The offending rock. Josh winched himself out of this. The rock let go as his rear end came over it. The rock wound up 15 feet down into the woods.

Here's John on Chicken Run. Note no diff guard or steering skid. A brave man.

Doug again, showing some flex. The trees on Chicken Run bite Jeeps.

Jim's TJ

Here's Air Rubi with the suspension fully rocked to the right to avoid the tree on the left in front of the Jeep. That's my right and
left, from the driver's seat. Notice the wood that's missing from that tree just about where the top is on a Jeep.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Wow
those are incredible pictures.
The one funny thing that just epitomized the AirRock on Jerry's jeep was when he got hung up on his T-Case skid. Jim was spotting him and said hold up, you are on your skid
Jerry just made the AiRock raise his Jeep another inch and kept going.
Totally awesome!

After seeing Jerrys jeep in action, I am really impressed with the kit and Kudos to Jerry for installing it all by himself.

For anyone who hasnt been to PARAGON
WE GOT BIG ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
you have to play on them

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
I always have a rider to just lift up on one corner if I get hung up :lolbonk: I tell em its the least they can do since they are riding for free.

justin

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
WOW......
i wana go..... !!!

one question Elff...
in this pic any damage to your long arm?wonderring how the joints
held up.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Damn I miss Paragon....Come on Sept.... :D

Sweet Pix Jerry C....Nice very nice.....I can sleep with happy pix in my head tonight..

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I said there would be more pics.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm like elff. I'm another picture stealin' ho. Here's some pics from Jim and Karen Smith's homepage of Sunday's trip. Jim has more great shots of this trip and other Paragon trips. Go to http://www.4ezt.com/harleypa/. Jim is also into Harleys. Some great bike shots also.

Jim and Karen

Air Rubi about to descend onto Whompum. When your rear tires go over those rocks you know
immediately why they call it Whompum.

A couple of shots of Jim on Whompum, IIRC

TJ Smith. This is the coolest dog I've met up with in a long time.

Paragon car wash

Jerry delivering his AiROCK sales pitch at the lunch break.

Kevin posing his YJ.

SWMBO actually enjoying the ride. The rock just ahead of my left front tire is the one that got Josh stuck.

A shameless Air Rubi pose

Dave on Chicken Run. His first time 4 wheelin'. Unbelieveable. He's a freakin' natural.

I made this.

Doug on Chicken Run. Smoother than silk.

I wasn't going to post this shot, but most of us have been there and done that. It was Vinnie's
first time out in his Rubi, and this mudhole was one of those lessons learned about TC
clearance and ruts. I got to play with my winch and X-Line, so I enjoyed the experience a lot
more than Vinnie. That mud around my Jeep was slicker than goose sh*t. I had to be careful
I didn't fall on my ass.

·
Registered
966 Posts
DAAMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suck, I wish I coulda been there, looks like you guys had a blast. Nice mix of hard and moderate trails, makes for a good day. great shots Jerry, gimme a call this week so I can see more, if you have regular shots. Hey Ellf your Rubi looks AWESOME!!!!! Guess I gotta go higher and put some bigger meats on the old DD.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Pics Look awesome. That last one looks like what we have in my area. The fun just isn't worth the clean up to me anymore for those big holes but if it's in the trail where I want to go I ain't skeered :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
It sure was a fun day.
Mac, I was just barely touching the rear lower control arms when I first started up that rock. Jim who was spotting me, put a rock down that was just high enough to allow me to not break anything. You can see them just in front of my rear tire

Up

Up [Spotter added a rock]

Almost

On Top

Grizz, I am really sorry you missed it. As you can see, we drove em like we stole em.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'm trying to get people together for a run out there next Easter. My club had 3 familys go out this past Easter and it was great. Now to convince the wife to go too :)

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These are the last 2 pics.

This is Josh in the middle of winching himself out of that stuck. It's not the best photo, but check
his LR wheel. Notice the rock is still there at this point.

And here's my interpretation of an original by LILRDJP:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts