Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must not have been paying attention, I didn’t even know there was a new Rubicon Forum!

Am I a New Old Member, or a Old New Member? Oh well, a few pics...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wondering were you've been Pa_Rubicon. Haven't heard from you in a while.Did you get a little lost :?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hay Frank, Friday before last I was lost in the creek valley at Wellsville, but just for a little wile. Ive run out of money so staying away from the forum reduced the temptation to buy something!

But having said that... I noticed you have a set of TSLs. I was thinking of getting them as a second set for trail rides. Around these parts those are the only true “MT” type tires. The MTRs I had packed up like ATs. I can hear my wife now, “The ones you have now are brand new. why do you need two sets of tires. Cant you wait until these ones are worn out?...” they just don’t understand. :wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Welcome PA........... 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Auh" Wellsville--Our club (HRJA) just had a ride out there and I had to work :mad: Heard it was very muddy and a lot of stuck jeeps.You are right about the other halfs bit##ing about two sets of tires .I always here about it but she gets over it and yes the TSL's do well in this area of wheeling.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Must be a Pa thing about wheeling on a pole line. Just picked up my Silver Rubicon on the 5-22. Just figuring out how to post the pics.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i like those TBT bumpers.. looks GREAT!

any probs mountiing them?
thanks
mac

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Direct bolt on. The front requires winch plate of your choice. The front bumper is from Challenger and the rear is from Profab. Their both from Arizona and I suspect by the same manufacturer, whoever that is?

The rear bumper is a high clearance type with wrap around protection.
Both bumpers are made of schedule 40 tubing and supposedly will take a highlift jack. Haven’t had the opportunity to try it. The front bumper also has a mounting system for mounting a Highlift jack. Very strong, many impacts with no dents or bends.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rescue2emtp said:
Must be a Pa thing about wheeling on a pole line. Just picked up my Silver Rubicon on the 5-22. Just figuring out how to post the pics.
Except for a few well used places in Western Pa, Power and gas lines are the last hold out and even some of them are being incorporated into surrounding state gamelands and parks. Hence the Political statement.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Pa_Rubicon said:
rescue2emtp said:
Except for a few well used places in Western Pa, Power and gas lines are the last hold out and even some of them are being incorporated into surrounding state gamelands and parks. Hence the Political statement.

i use some of the power line roads and gas line roads out here in Vegas..
find some interesting things.. aslo lots of places to go shooting off our paths.. fun fun fun.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Pa_Rubicon said:
Direct bolt on. The front requires winch plate of your choice. The front bumper is from Challenger and the rear is from Profab. Their both from Arizona and I suspect by the same manufacturer, whoever that is?

The rear bumper is a high clearance type with wrap around protection.
Both bumpers are made of schedule 40 tubing and supposedly will take a highlift jack. Haven’t had the opportunity to try it. The front bumper also has a mounting system for mounting a Highlift jack. Very strong, many impacts with no dents or bends.
im confused . is your bumper not made by ToysBYTroy?
they are in Phoenix, AZ .

thanks
mac

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
PA rubicon I am from Latrobe PA. I am coming ghome for 19 days next week. Maybe we can go wheelin! I have yet to pop the rubis cherry.

Justin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Justin sent PM (let me know if you didn’t receive it)

There used to be some great trail riding near your home. Places like Derry, Bolivar and Seward that are now all closed as far as I know. All absorbed by state gamelands. Drop me an email when your in!

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts