Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code is for line pressure too high for too long. Could be a bad pressure/temp sensor, bad solenoid, wiring issue or pcm issue. 2010 jkur, 42rle trans, 79000 miles. Any one else experience this?

·
Administrator
10,465 Posts
That's a new one for me, the 42rle tranny is common to the TJ/LJ (and other models), maybe the TJ FSM has some troubleshooting info?

Were you able to clear the code?

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No John, it did not clear with battery disconnect. It is daughter and son in law's jeep, they were on their way to meet us in Silverton, they made it 100 miles when it went into limp mode. They rented a car in Blythe, drove back to Brawley, and got their Ram pick up and continued their vacation trip....sans Jeep. They are back home now, will probably have the heat/pressure sensor and the solenoid replaced at a trans shop. Dealer wanted to replace the entire unit......$$$$$$ If the sensor and solenoid don't fix it, then wiring and/or pc m could be suspect. Just wondering if anyone else has been through this process.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I believe with that code you have to reset the line pressure counter along with a dtc clear for it to reset. A battery disconnect won't do it.
I would think the line pressure solenoid was/is stuck. You are on the right track.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, we finally got the Jeep into a transmission shop, they installed a new solenoid and sensor. They took the ECM to the dealership to have them reset the line overpressure code counter, but the dealer said they could not do that. So now what?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Your transmission shop has a scanner that will do it. Tell them to look a little harder.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, hopefully this ordeal is over! After replacing the sensor and the solenoid, they could not get the ECU to reset, other codes showed up so we ended up replacing the ECU. No codes, Jeep is now running good, trans is shifting like it should. Ahhh, the wonders of modern electronics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts