Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RE 4.5 SF kit and the TW CV,but I am now having a weird sound/vibe only in OD.At about 43mph it seems to be that it goes into OD and then it starts this pulsesating kind of vibe feeling and sound.It stops at about 55mph.If I turn OD off it doesn't happen at all.

I was thinking that when it goes into OD it is putting less torq on the driveline and the pinion angle is going back down the slightest bit which is causing the vibe.Is this possible?I also have been running without adj. rear track bar and rear is out a little(.75),could this contribute.I got it in tonight and will be installing it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
K...Yes your pinion is still off a bit. I just went through the same issues.. I think I have it fixed now. I know that you will have to do it a couple of time over the next few months. You springs will settle and the pinion angle will change. Also a stronger skid like a Medic will help eliminate alot of that too. The stock plate is **** and I believe there is a lot of flex in it which is cause to vibe to amplify. When I installed my Medic skid the vibe reduced greatley. Now hopefully it is all gone..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So do you think I need to turn it up a bit,maybe 1 degree?
You mentioned the springs would settle,if so about how much?
Thanks for your response.I am new to jeeps and to this forum and need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Have you or do you know how to measure the angel of the DS and the pinion..The Pinion should be 1 deg lower than the DS.

I will get some Pix together for you ....

Can you take a pic of your current set up..Pinion angle and DS..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overdrive vibe/hum

Sorry it's taken so long to get back,kids and back to school stuff.
I just checked my angles with a protractor/angle finder from Craftsman and found that my pinion and DS are both at 18.5 degrees.

What should I do or should I just leave it alone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts