Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new stock MT/R. I noticed a slight pull to the left on the highway. I took it into the dealership thinking it needed aligned. The alignment looked fine so they tried to balance the tires. One of the tires would not balance. They replaced it under warantee. The service manager said they have had a couple of MT/R go out of round. I had about 7,000 miles when I noticed it and just over 9,000 miles when I finally took it in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I got my 285-75's, they had a very hard time balancing them. I had to go back twice. They finally had to take off two of the tires and balance them again turned a little on the rim. They explained that the bigger the tire, the more common this is. :oops:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rubimule said:
When I got my 285-75's, they had a very hard time balancing them. I had to go back twice. They finally had to take off two of the tires and balance them again turned a little on the rim. They explained that the bigger the tire, the more common this is. :oops:
Yeah this is true...trying to match balance a wheel will help reduce the amount of lead needed to balance the thing. But on the other hand...the tech that was doing the balance must not be very good. If I can get the wheel on my balancer...I can balance it. It's not hard...just takes some skill and a little luck :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts