Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a OR Fab rollcage in there 03? What mods did you have to do to make it fit?

·
Registered
186 Posts

You just need to trim the plastic surround a little on the top and the bottom. The instructions even give a little diagram showing the areas to cut. It cuts real easy with a sharp razor. Lower the windshield to match the proper areas of plastic to the roll cage.
HTH

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you are considering the OR Fab cage you should also look at the Poison Spider sport cage. It looks awesome, it is definitely the cage I will be going for.

http://www.poisonspidercustoms.com/title_images/tj_cage_kit.gif

All the brackets look really beefy and the floor tie-in is integrated instead of a bolt on system. Besides, I think it ends up cheaper. Of course, it looks like you need to do some welding so it may be prohibitive to some people.

·
Registered
351 Posts
or-fab cage

I had to trim the side molding ( later replaced it with 2002 model trim to make it look better). I also had to drill two bolt holes the self taping bolts stripped so I drilled all the way through and used a bolt and nut. It's been on 6 months and is strong and looks good. I would have welded it in but I ordered it powder coated.
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts