Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I installed my OME suspension kit. I would have posted earlier, but I need to fix my website (which I just found out isn't fixed right). I did discover some interesting things about the Jeep along the way. The biggest was how much lift the factory shocks contributed to the springs. 1/2" up front and 3/8" in the back. In all the install took about 6 hours to do on my garage floor. I did install another kit in a friends Rubi and it only took 4 1/2 hours, so with experience it goes quicker. This setup with a JKS BL and QD's neeted my a 1049 on a 20deg ramp, but more importantly was that I had no rubbing for any parts.

OME Suspension System
http://members.cox.net/rubicon03/Buildup/OME Suspension.htm

OME Steering Stabilizer
http://members.cox.net/rubicon03/Buildup/OME Steering Stabilizer.htm

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looks good man....

6hrs... Jeeze I wish. My RE took me 11hrs...Something to be said about not changing all 8 control arms. 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:shock: Just great---Where were you when I did my OME lift? :) Nice pics and instructions.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me started on my 5 days (30+ hours) to install my friends RE 3.5 kit.

Blackbeauty, if you would have drove it to my garage, I would have feed you and done it. Hey, I just realized that I used to work for food, now I work and feed the other person. That's not right. But I do have a nice set of worklights in my garage now as a gift from my last install. They will work nice during the next install.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Ron:

Great writeup. Your website is becoming a great resource. Nice job. Nice lift too. If I hadn't decided to go crazy, I would have gone with an OME lift.

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerry, If I would have had the money I would have done an AiRock... I like that setup, but then again I am a gadget person. I can be amused all day long by taking something apart and putting it back together.
Thanks for the support on the webpage, my intentions were to make it informative and not leave out the oh by the way this doesn't fit, or you need to cut this, or look out for this line over here. I am debating my own domain, but need to come up with a name. The site is actually pretty big and spread out onto 4 different 10mb sites.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adj. Front Trackbar?

PBR Stitch:

I am going with the same lift and would like to know if you installed an adj front trackbar? did you need one? I like the JKS model but after talking to Jim at JKS he mentilned that it would not work on a 2inch lift. If you did use one which track bar did you use?

Thanks
John LePino

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Adj. Front Trackbar?

JohnL said:
PBR Stitch:

I am going with the same lift and would like to know if you installed an adj front trackbar? did you need one? I like the JKS model but after talking to Jim at JKS he mentilned that it would not work on a 2inch lift. If you did use one which track bar did you use?

Thanks
John LePino
what was jims reasoning behind the trackbar not working?

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
JohnL, JKS makes a 0" to 3.5" lift adjustable track bar (JKS P/N OGS126) so it should work with the OME kit.

Ken

·
Registered
454 Posts
I put on the Teraflex front trackbar. The reason why I put it on is that I have the attitude of if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Cliche I know but I don't like driving Jeeps that have minds of their own.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's weird?!? Thanks for pointing out the model number as I have not looked at there site in great detail. Just figured I'd call and get the info directly. Taking a closer look at the site there does seem to be an option for 0-3.5 inch lifts. Why wouldn't he mention this item??? I will call again and post what his comments were.

John

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Adj. Front Trackbar?

JohnL said:
PBR Stitch:

Thanks
John LePino
John, I didn't use anything up front (still stock) and just the OME bracket in the rear. Rear is actually centered and the front is only off 1/4" from the frame, so I am not worried about it. Tracks straight, and drives nice. I also heard that the JKS would not work with just 2" of lift, I thought it had something to do with the adjustment. I may eventually install an adjustable up front, and one in the rear, Tera and JKS are the ones I would consider.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
JohnL said:
That's weird?!? Thanks for pointing out the model number as I have not looked at there site in great detail. Just figured I'd call and get the info directly. Taking a closer look at the site there does seem to be an option for 0-3.5 inch lifts. Why wouldn't he mention this item??? I will call again and post what his comments were.

John
John:

Call Dirk at http://www.dpgoffroad.com and tell him what you want to do. He'll lead you straight, and give you a very attractive price. Dirk's phone number is 316-776-9900.

Jerry

·
Registered
368 Posts
the adjustment was a b*tch but i have jks front rear trackbars with an OME

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dr_shigaloo said:
the adjustment was a b*tch but i have jks front rear trackbars with an OME
How did they fit up? Any problems?

Ron

·
Registered
368 Posts
none so far, ill post some pics when i get home

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
dr_shigaloo:

I'll save you the trouble. Here are the 4 inch lift JKS trackbars on my Jeep:

Front passenger side:

Front driver's side:

Rear driver's side with JKS bracket. Yes, that one bolt needs a flat washer under it.

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm putting in the Tera adj track bar tonight to recenter the front axle. The Tera trk bar looks pretty rugged. Frame side has grease fitting like stock.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am in the process of installing the pins in the OME shocks. What a PITA!! How do you install the clips once the washers are installed. THere is no room for the clip! And even if there was room how do you get the c clip in the slot. It looks like it has to be bent to get around the pin. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts