Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing mixed descriptions/applications regarding the OME LTR shocks. Just to make sure, OME makes just the regular Nitrocharger and the LTR, right?

I'm planning on running the LTRs with an RE 4.5 LA kit when I get it but I want to know if I can start with the LTRs before the lift (and applicable springs inluding a 1"BL/MML) just to get some starting lift without really having to buy parts I'll eventually remove. I'm planning on doing the LA mod early next near so I don't think starting with a BB and then upgrading would be feasible. Or would LTRs even work with the stock shock mounts?

I've tried searching all over the place and there doesn't seem to be a lot of technical info on the LTRs. Anyone running them or know someone who is? Lift requirements?

-Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
You have to buy shocks that match the lift your going with, you can't buy the shocks first unless you want to store them in the garage. My suggestion is to just wait and get them when you buy the lift. Your stock shocks are fine and will work well with up to 32" tires. My suggestion if your itchen to spend some $$$ is to go ahead and do a 1" BL and MML (if that's what you want to do like you suggested). It won't look bad and will give you a slightly taller look.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OME Shocks & Monroe Shocks

Just to followup.... Seems the LTRs are custom made to your specific application. The consensus is that they're a waste of money so I'm not going that route.

But, AFAIK, there are the regular nitrochargers, the long travel nitrochargers that are an extended length (ie., N67L), and then the LTRs.

On another note I've been told and read that OME shocks are just rebadged Monroe Gas Magnums. Is anyone aware which models of Monroe's would be equivalent to the OMEs? Seems like a cheaper route.

-Wayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts