Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need the name of 4x4 shop in the San Diego area that is reasonable and honest on there install prices for a OME 2.5" lift. Found one place but they want $1800.00 for lift and install which is about $1100.00 for labor. This sounded way to high for a 3 or 4 hour job just changing out springs, shocks and a rear trackbar bracket. This is for a friend who can't do the work his-self. He can order from David at Northridge so just needs installation on his 05 Rubicon. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks, Stan

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Holy Crap-I'm definitely in the wrong business! I don't know anyone in that area who you could have do the work for you. But, I'd highly recommend looking into local Jeep clubs or other off-road businesses to talk with about this to help your friend. Lots of Jeep guys are more than willing to help a guy out with things like this and as simple as the lift you're talking about, I'd bet you'd easily find someone to do it for not much more than pizza and a few frosty beverages. $1,800 for an install like this is strait up thievery.

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05TJLWBRUBY,
I know there are lots of jeep guys out there but he just needs a good shop. He is 78 years old and still loves to jeep. I live in Texas or I would install for him but is little far to run out and do a simple install. Maybe some one will know a good shop. People need to make a living but I'm with you thats plain robbery without a mask.
Stan

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Holy Crap!!!!! Give Gerald at Savvy a call or MrBlaine a PM.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
f9k9 said:
Holy Crap!!!!! Give Gerald at Savvy a call or MrBlaine a PM.
This was my original thought, but I don't know how far SanDiego is from Blaine & Savvy. He's in the "Quail Valley" area I think it's called. I'll be talking with him again probably on Monday as I'll be pretty busy today, but I'll ask. Need a few more parts for another project on the Jeep now...

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
[quote='05TJLWBRUBY]
f9k9 said:
Need a few more parts for another project on the Jeep now...

Best of Luck,

Mike
[/quote]That reminds me, I need to cash your check ASAP. I don't want it to throw off your accountant. :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
f9k9 said:
[quote='05TJLWBRUBY]
f9k9 said:
Need a few more parts for another project on the Jeep now...

Best of Luck,

Mike
That reminds me, I need to cash your check ASAP. I don't want it to throw off your accountant. :rotflmao:[/quote]

Been wondering if you were ever gonna do that... :rotflmao:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts