Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First oil change today for my Rubicon....You need long arms to reach the oil filler hole. Wonder why they didn't cut the opening closer to the front of the valve cover? Easy engine to change oil on.

G

·
0 Posts
It's the new Jeep work out with weights program. program. Stretch and reach, stretch and reach. :D :lol: :roll:

Here is my thoughts on it.
Theory 1: They put the hole there to allow the oil to spread out in both directions for proper flushing of the valve train. This should in theory flush the sludge buildup and any old oil back to the bottom of the oil pan where it can be drained next time.

Theory 2: The designed it that way to accomodate the air tube, pvc hole and for structural rigidity of the valve cover.

Theory 3: They've always done it that way, why change now. (Head in sand way of doing things)

Theory 4: They designed the whole thing and forgot the oil hole, so in a quick decision that went something like this. "Hey man we didn't put any hole so they can put oil in the dang thing!" "Dang we need to fix that before the boss sees it." "Where should we put it?" "Ah, just stick in in the center there and call it done." "Good idea man, Pass me another beer."

Ron (My vote is Theory 4)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
Theory 4: They designed the whole thing and forgot the oil hole, so in a quick decision that went something like this. "Hey man we didn't put any hole so they can put oil in the dang thing!" "Dang we need to fix that before the boss sees it." "Where should we put it?" "Ah, just stick in in the center there and call it done." "Good idea man, Pass me another beer."

Ron (My vote is Theory 4)
Isn't that the FORD design team?.......LOL :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts