Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Wow Mark, your numbers are great. 30 years ago my resting pulse rate used to be ~45, now it's ~70.
I attribute this to the cycling. It's funny. I came home on leave, and went with my Dad to work. He did biomedical repair at a hospital. I was around 28-30. He had repaired a piece of equipment and wanted to test it. He hooked it up to me. My pulse was in the mid 40's. He thought his device was still broke because of my pulse. He could not believe it was that low. I cycled back then too.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
#216 lb.....loss of 1lb <-----i'll take it

for those that don't know ...i've been in an accident with neck and shoulder injury's + concussion
going to PT 3 times a week since June ..no end in sight yet
now doing Acupuncture 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks ( yes it's helping bigly )

i fight every fawcking day to get my life back .. ain't easy

sorry for the rant....but figured i post up why no big weight loss - thankful i'm keep'n it real
:wink2:

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Down 47 pounds since the end of July. My Plant based diet with a bit of meat, and no FDA approved chemicals in my food seem to be doing the trick, and I am still riding miles and miles on the bike and have plenty of energy. Making Tofu Taco's today, my first taco's since going plant based. If I don't like them I have ten German Shepherds who will eat it, or I could add it to a pot of beans. LOL It seems Daniel and pals when they asked to only eat pulse (veggies) they knew what they were doing.

Update: I could not tell I was eating Tofu Tacos! They were as good as beef tacos and no greasy animal fat!

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Holy Crap! I might be joining you guys soon...
Since 1990 I weighed 165-175 lbs. I had surgery in 2007 and lost/re-gained weight and since I've been around 160-165.
A few days ago I went to the doctor and weighed in at 190... I said WTF! :surprise:

I quit drinking beer last year and eat about a pint of ice cream every night instead.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
That’l do it Guy. Still, you need at least one non-Jeep pleasure in life.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
Holy Crap! I might be joining you guys soon...
Since 1990 I weighed 165-175 lbs. I had surgery in 2007 and lost/re-gained weight and since I've been around 160-165.
A few days ago I went to the doctor and weighed in at 190... I said WTF! :surprise:

I quit drinking beer last year and eat about a pint of ice cream every night instead.
Mmmm, ice cream....... :smile2:
Unfortunately the older we get the more our metabolism slows down - there's a big disconnect between my brain and the stomach. Doesn't take much food to fill me up but I think I need/want more.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
216#
still the same .. ain't easy
feel'n better and energy level is up -
neighbor was over we almost killed a 2.75 lb Ribeye - the leftover went in my salad today
7EC9A221-0529-46E5-9369-5B8FEBAB5062.jpg
Yes I had a lil garlic bread
mushrooms n sweet onion
9D181082-14F5-4ED3-AAC9-367EAD2E557C.jpg

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
215 lost 1 lb...
waiting on MRI for neck and shoulders ... still doing PT and acupuncture weekly

hopefully i'll get back on track with weight loss

·
3,369 Posts
Well... I guess I will post up for the first time on here about my weight. In Feb 2019 I weighed 362lbs. I think that is the most I ever weighed maybe. I had been 350 in my 20s (I am 42 now) and lost a ton of weight running and got down to 143. Which at 5'10" may have been a bit too thin for me.

Anyway I decided to loose weight again. As of today I an 202lbs. A loss of 160lbs. I would like to get to 160 total weight, but I have hit a plateau and it is hard to push through. This last month I only lost 1lb despite increasing my running slightly. However November did contain a vacation and thanksgiving where I may have consumed more calories than normal. It was also wet here quite a bit so I could not bike as much as usual.

I have accomplished what I have thus far using various things. Intermittent fasting, food logging, running (mileage has increased and pounds decreased), mountain biking, walking, & hiking.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
SweetPee
You got this ... Intermittent fasting, is very important as we're older now .
Stay focused and you will hit Your target weight

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Something I do to curb cravings for food is keep a bowl of carrots and radishes in a bowl of water ready to eat in the fridge. If I start feeling like eating the house I just grab a couple of the veggies and eat them. It curbs my appetite, and your not going to gain any weight eating carrots and radishes.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.