care to share the no sugar diet..?

I'm doing the "KETO" which is no sugar and limit carbs
don`t like calling it a diet ..it`s more of a lifestyle change
:wink2:

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Keto sounds like a rebranded Atkins diet (which I was on for 20 years.)
the difference is i can have some veggies and some fruits and it`s not all meat
i do limits daily carb intake ( that is similar to Adkins )

it`s easy to do without much think`n and i do go out to eat several times a week - just very careful in what i order.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
214 ...3lb for April
slow and steady -

had my blood work done yesterday...will see results of the Keto diet

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
5.2# loss thru April. Slightly behind my .5# per week goal. It’s ok, staying the course here!
For all of you fighting the battle of the bulge, you can do it!!! Don’t give up, victory is the closest when the battle is the toughest.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
214 ...3lb for April
slow and steady -

had my blood work done yesterday...will see results of the Keto diet

Results showed significant progress in getting my body back into proper levels
I'm pleased with the results.. Dr will go over the results with me next week.
anyone who doubts the KETO lifesyle actually has not a clue as to the benefits

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,969 Posts
Milestone today, down 15lbs
Hit 225 in January and 210 this morning. It has not been easy...

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
+ 2 lbs for May = 216 total
i did travel to Arizona and the Beach in SO Cal
my SO Cal trip....uhmmm fav Mexican food place and fav burger place + a few Margaritas did the weight gain

still on track ...gym 6 days and no sugar and try and avoid carbs

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
214 lbs down 2 this month

steady and on track ... keep up the good work Bob!!

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Caught you Mac, 214# this morning. This weight was one of my personal goals as it’s where I was when I got out of the Navy in December of ‘72. Only difference is now I have a little “sag”.?
Only 4 more pounds to reach my 2019 goal of 210.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
static at 214 ... tough month with bbq`s and 2 trips to So Ca

hope to lose a few more this month

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
summertime is not easy.... #217
gain of 3#

will get more focused this month ...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Since the beginning of August, I have lost nearly 30 pounds.
I made some drastic changes to my regular diet. I never have eaten much processed food or sugary poison. I do have carbs from sugar when I ride my bike, but I burn thru those like a farmer burning a field.
Anyway, I have cut out nearly all chemicals (the chemicals companies put in all food in the grocery store), this includes artificial sweeteners. I am diabetic so I used them. I have changed over to pure Stevia. They believe, not really proven that Stevia can help with your Blood Glucose (lowering it), and some other possible benefits. I have also cut out nearly all meat. I eat chicken and I also eat meals made with ground beef. What I did with the meat was to find a meatless burger recipe and use some ground beef in the mix. The burger is mostly vegetable, and they are good otherwise I would have given the concoction to the dogs!

Mostly I eat vegetables. During the day, I will eat raw carrots, radishes with a little salt, celery, lettuce, crispy cooked eggplant, ect. I also eat Extra Sharp Cheddar (my choice).
The ground beef concoction I made this last time had lots of mashed black beans, onion, mushrooms, oatmeal, eggs, and various seasonings.
Since being on this new diet, my stats are pretty good. Blood Pressure has dropped down to 118/62. Now these next stats are more related to my cycling. My Blood Glucose is like a non-diabetic now. I am taking very little insulin, 3-5 units in the morning, and the same before bed if needed. My resting pulse stays around 51+/- a beat or two, it stays around 48-52. O2 saturation is 99-100. With the weight loss and the diet I don't seem to get as tired. I am also faster when I want to be. LOL What I like most is my speed has increased going up hills.

I started out to lose 20# before my November 9th Bayou 100 ride. There are to bridges on the route, two of them are fairly tall, especially for a flat lander. LOL
I have also been riding a big gear for the first 20 miles of my rides during the week to simulate going up hills.

What is also good on this mainly plant based diet is after about a week or two my hunger has diminished, sometimes I find myself just eating a small bag of radishes, carrots, and sometimes cheese. I may make a spicy tomato based veggie drink. I drink lots of water also.
See Y'all!

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.