Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is anybody running two sets of tire & rims. I was thinking of sparing my moab wheels from road rash & putting on a set of beeters for wheeling & put some radials on the moabs for comutting to work.

I was also wondering if a set of 2000 16"Grand Cherokee rims would be a good choice, right offset bolts to the hub correctly or is there a better size in width for bigger tires down the road.

4xcontractor
05 Sahara

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
4xcontractor said:
I was also wondering if a set of 2000 16"Grand Cherokee rims would be a good choice, right offset bolts to the hub correctly or is there a better size in width for bigger tires down the road.
unfortunately 99 and newer grand cherokees have a 5 on 5" bolt pattern... all wranglers have a 5 on 4.5

·
Registered
442 Posts
A good set of black steel wheels might be the answer you are looking for. I ran steel wheels on my 97 TJ and never worried about tearing them up. I'm going to run my Moab's and when they are ripped to shreds I'll get new black wheels. Two sets are a good idea but I like to keep the offroad look going. Just remember you have to store all that crap and hell I'm running out of room with just the extra top. Hope this helps.

Charles :D

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
I just picked up a set of beadlocks for wheeling and I plan to move my BFGs onto those wheels as soon as I have time to find 4 ATs which will then live on my black steel wheels I run right now. I'm not so much worried about the wheels getting damaged, I'm more worried about all the highway miles I put on my BFGs right now.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I run bfg at's around town and for winter wheeling. I run q-78 swampers for offraoding.

My swampers have now seen at least 15 runs, and you cant see any wear what so ever. If I ran them around town they would be burned up by now.

The swampers cost me over 1000$. If I street drove them, they would be bald in 30,000 km's (done it to ltb's). My at's where 800$, have over 30k on them, and still show no sign of wear.

I wouldnt do it any other way.

My moabs where stolen nearly 3 years ago, I've ran all steel wheels ever since, but absolutely hate them for bending and balancing. Im working towards something better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts