Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got most of it finished today. Ran out of hose and time, so didn't run a 2nd line to the front. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That is a very nice and clean install. Looks good.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That is a great looking install. I'm very impressed. Do you have anymore pics of the actual compressor setup. I would like to see how much the alternator is relocated down and how those Kilby brackets look.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He are some pics of the removal and install.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Right on man, you rock. Easily the fastest response to a pic *****'s request I have ever seen.

The more I see how nice that install looks the more I am thinking it is worth it to just buy the brackets from Kilby. I have been trying to figure out a way around it because ordering stuff from the US would kill me on dutys and exchange etc.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Did you buy the whole kit from Kilby?

·
Registered
340 Posts
triver525 said:
Right on man, you rock. Easily the fastest response to a pic *****'s request I have ever seen.

The more I see how nice that install looks the more I am thinking it is worth it to just buy the brackets from Kilby. I have been trying to figure out a way around it because ordering stuff from the US would kill me on dutys and exchange etc.
We just need a contact in the US to buy the bracket on our behalf and ship it via the post office.....If the shipper fills out the customs form with the correct value the duty is not bad....The big killer is that if it is shipped by courier they charge a customs brokerage fee on top. I ordered an air filled pogo stick for my kid last year....$49 US and the brokerage fees were $40!!!

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
interesting..
do we need to set up a 4x4 parts purchase and delivery..between lower 48 and jeep Bro`s Canada?
hmmmmmmmmm

pm me im willing to give it a go.

mac

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was trading some parts with a buddy of mine from Cali a couple of years ago. We sent nearly identical (size and weight) packages. He used UPS and I used Canada Post. My package got to him in 5 days and it cost me $25 Can. His package got to me in 10 days and it cost him $25 USD and then I had to pay another $20 or $30 for their brokerage fee. Which, buy the way, was never mentioned to him or I when the package was sent. In fact, it took me nearly an hour to find any mention of possible brokerage fees on their website. UPS are crooks.

Maybe we could set up a small group buy here in Calgary and save on shipping and maybe even get a deal through Kilby. I know of at least 4 more Rubi owners who might be interested not to mention a few with Sports.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I want in on the Kilby OBA bracket group buy....

Triver....Good of you to volunteer to organize the Calgary end!! 8)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'll look into it. Hopefully we can get enough to get a good deal.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
If you guys are looking at a group buy then send me a PM and I will set up the Canadian thing. My best friend is a distributor for Kilby here in Ottawa and I can take care of all that cross border BS as I have a US mailing address.

For you Alberta boys I will throw them on a plane to Calgary and then shipping will be cheap.

·
Registered
340 Posts
OK now we are getting somewhere......Let's get some pricing from your buddy as well as numbers needed for any discounts etc. Then we can get a firm list of who wants one (no dicking around....if you put your name on the list that means you want one 100% for sure as I have seen too many group buys go south due to people backing out......and then we all look lame).

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Vulcan said:
OK now we are getting somewhere......Let's get some pricing from your buddy as well as numbers needed for any discounts etc. Then we can get a firm list of who wants one (no dicking around....if you put your name on the list that means you want one 100% for sure as I have seen too many group buys go south due to people backing out......and then we all look lame).
I will get firm pricing for you tomorrow and set up a new post for this group buy...

Cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
You're a good man!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LILRDJP said:
Did you buy the whole kit from Kilby?
Everything but a few odd fittings that I forgot. Quality kit.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ned said:
Looks good, you do nice work.

An unrelated question, what is the story regarding those battery connectors? Are they something special?
Hey Ned,

They are platnium connectors from Rockford Fosgate. They allow me to run a 4 guage and 2 8 guage wires from them. Got them for the sound system.

Brian

·
Registered
340 Posts
They look like about $50 each!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Vulcan said:
I just got an email back from Brad Kilby and he essentially said the same thing. Therefore, he won't do anymore group buys. LILRDJP, if you can set something up, put my name on the list first. If that doesn't work, Brad gave me an email of a guy he suggested I talk to. Who knows, is your friend in Ottawa named Robert?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts