Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to rebuild a 241. are there any on line manuals or write ups to help in the process. need tq specs and stuff like that. im sure a FSM will have them but i dont really want to have to spend that much money on one.

Thanks
Wade

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got a pdf file from JeepRubicon2k3 its what i need THANKS MAN!

ill check with Novak about the seal kit cause ill need on of those too :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm dont see a seal kit for the 241 on novaks web site, just the 231 and 242 have parts listed plus some other gear drive t cases. ill keep looking and maybe contact them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just emailed jb conversions, novak, and advanced to see if they have any 'rebuild kits' anyone else you can think of i should email

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
NoMercy said:
just emailed jb conversions, novak, and advanced to see if they have any 'rebuild kits' anyone else you can think of i should email
Nobody - call them

Email is a waste of time with a lot of these companies....can't say I blame them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
havent gotten around to it, money is tight right now. besides im thinking of saving up some money any selling the jeep to buy a 3 gen dodge cummins, so im not looking at putting any money in to the jeep right now. but if i do decide to rebuild it ill certianly post up, i havent even cracked it yet, it still sitting on the bench...exactly where i set it the day i picked it up.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
NoMercy said:
havent gotten around to it, money is tight right now. besides im thinking of saving up some money any selling the jeep to buy a 3 gen dodge cummins, so im not looking at putting any money in to the jeep right now. but if i do decide to rebuild it ill certianly post up, i havent even cracked it yet, it still sitting on the bench...exactly where i set it the day i picked it up.
Once you open the TC you'll see there is not much to go wrong or replace. Possibly you may need a bearing or seal but that is about all -- unless the thing was really trashed for some reason.

Why do you think it needs work?

Regards, John.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VjohnV said:
Why do you think it needs work?

Regards, John.
the front case half is cracked. i picked it up cheep. a new case half is around 300 and i have a few bills that need to be payed off before i decide if i want to start on this and pick up a case half or not.

·
Premium Member
1,971 Posts
I have used this company with good results -- they may have the back half of the case laying around. If not, do a google search for "transfercase parts" or "transfer case parts" and ask each company about a case half for cheap.

You won't believe how simple a TC is once you open the case.

http://www.drivetrain.com/transfercasesparts.html

Regards, John.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone share tips or a manual for 241J ? I have been trying to finish a rebuild but so far not able to prove operation in all modes, high and low fork work however the case seems to be stuck in 4wd. 2wd is not available as far as mode fork and mode eing engaging the main shaft. Thanks for any help or ideas

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
Welcome to ROF! I've not broken into a case but maybe somebody that's active here can give you some help. ROF member renglish is a professional Jeep wrench, maybe he can chime in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks John. Really looking forward to getting this back in the road for Jeep Beach 2020 and my 17yr old’s daily driver. Actually was considering swap with NP231 and SYE like Moosehead mentioned one another article or 241OR with standard 2.72 gearing. I would appreciate any comments on which is recommended and why. ?
Essentially the 241J mode selector doesn’t seem to disengage the mode ring (lift it high enough) to get 2wd only. Could be an assembly process issue but have tried it about every way possible with the shifter in about every position. More important my father in law but a TJ Rubicon the week after I bought mine and he went wheeling yesterday without me

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am going to have to rebuild mine soon as its making a hell of a lot of noise. Here are some things I bookmarked for the occasion(I am still searching myself).
I am heading out the door, however I think these are the correct links. Hopefully something may provide some help. I also found several 241j kits on ebay that were cheap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Can anyone share tips or a manual for 241J ? I have been trying to finish a rebuild but so far not able to prove operation in all modes, high and low fork work however the case seems to be stuck in 4wd. 2wd is not available as far as mode fork and mode eing engaging the main shaft. Thanks for any help or ideas
I was going to send you a link to a write up on Jeepforum... I got to the last page and saw your post. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts