Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I discovered that I had twisted the splines on my driver's side rear axle.

I emailed David yesterday........

f9k9 said:
David,

Over the Labor Day holiday weekend I was in the process of installing my new ARB air locker when I happened to examine the splines on the driver's side rear Ten Factory axle shaft. I found that the splines have slightly twisted. I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Do you have a record of my purchase in 2011? I've done a cursory search for the Northridge receipt without luck. I know that it was David that I spoke to when I ordered them and he was kind enough to have everything installed before shipment..

2. Are twisted splines covered under the Ten Factory warranty?

I've attached a couple up pictures of the axles but, here are the links, just in case that they are too big.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-FT3HMGA42hI/UEJDKtMBvtI/AAAAAAAAHII/EBGWonUFmsI/s800/IMG_0083%5B1%5D.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wPSCjnX2zes/UESZt1z8AGI/AAAAAAAAHIc/Ru7Qbok3N1o/s800/IMG_0082%5B1%5D.JPG

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Reed ................
I checked my email tonight and found this............

David said:
New one will be on the way today ‘
'nuff said!!

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
David is awesome!

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,993 Posts
This is why i always use Dave and Northrudge.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
OUCH! Need to inspect my stockers since the outer seal is leaking. Hope I don't find this...

I love dealing with Dave or Sean at Northridge4x4.

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gregert12 said:
why would they not warranty this?
I'm a pessimist and I was just checking.

This is Thursday, September 6th. David got my email on Tuesday, September 3rd. The new axle, bearing and seal are now sitting on my work bench.

Outstanding!!!!

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
So do you guys recommend these shafts for rears, over superior shafts? Are they not as high quality/strong but have this good warranty?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Couldn't afford the Evos and don't feel like being jerked around with backorders. I know Blaine doesn't like them but, they worked for me.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
The superior evo's are certainly a better axle all around and made in the US as well but obviously at a higher price. Unfortunately...

They're on unknown backorder and nearly impossible to find right now. :(

Best of Luck,

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts