Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robocon invited me down to play in his neck of the woods, so I accepted. He and his friends were great hosts and we all had a good time. We encountered many fun obstacles that I don't have pictures of, but here a few where we actually stopped and snapped.

Robocon trying to crawl out the steep side of the quarry.

Robocon trying to back out the easier side

Me trying to climb out the easy side

Almost out

Dragging the shovel and then out

Got Mud

Trying to flex the JKS stuff

There were numerous other fun obstacles, but as stated, we just didn't stop and snap. Maybe next time. Thanks again Robocon!

Ken

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am actually rather afraid of whats down there in Florida - sand, mud, and quick sand...., and when your stuck - alligators, poisonous snakes, leaches..... Yikes!!!! I would rather play on something that has a somewhat solid bottom, plus it's easier to clean off after.

You guys have it tough, though I bet the occasional beach ride and good weather is nice. :D

How are the bushings coming? I hope well, though it sucks you have to take the arms off and re-work them. Are you getting all of them replaced at once? Good luck and I hope things go well.

Ken

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Ken White said:
I am actually rather afraid of whats down there in Florida - sand, mud, and quick sand...., and when your stuck - alligators, poisonous snakes, leaches..... Yikes!!!! I would rather play on something that has a somewhat solid bottom, plus it's easier to clean off after.........

Ken
Not to mention all those huge bugs that want you for lunch Ken.

Looks like you had a good time. How was it wheelin' with a guy with a BIG AiROCK?

Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
I'll post pics of my last weekend outting when I get them. They got some good pics of me stuck. One should look like I am just sitting there. The stuff was so slick I just couldn't move even locked. As for things that want to eat you, we haven't lost a TJ owner yet.... However the eulogy for the CJ owner was touching.. :lol: :lol:

Ron

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys with the AirRock system have one awsome piece of machinery!!!! Robocon's ride has the long arm system and he drives it like it's a sports car - he's nuts!!! :D I can't believe how well the system adapts to the trail, though I imagine all the adjustements can be a challenge in themself.

If I had to do it all over, and I could convince the wife, I probably would have went with a York and AirRock, though the wife is really beating me up about the skids I want to order. It was unfortunate for another Rubi, he really dented his oil-pan playing in the quarry with us, but I convinced her to look under his truck to show her what and why I need them. So Medic will be hearing from me soon! :D

Got to go back to class,

Ken

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
looks great Ken...

:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ron, can't wait to see the pictures - I love to see seemingly easy obstacles that stick it to you. I seem to always find and try these myself - just drive in then out, NOT. :lol: Mud is all I have real close to home, so I kinda know how you feel.

Mac, thanks we had a really good time and it is only about an hour and a half from home, so it's a treat not having to drive my normal 3-4 hours to play.

Ken

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks Ken
Here are a few pics.The clean shot.

Ken in the mud

Ken on the 4' rock

My buddy Joe given it heck

Name withheld to protect the Xj driver....................Bink

My friend Rich flexin'his Cj7

Ken gettin'crazy

Had a great time thanks to Ken and his wife

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great time and great group of people, thanks for inviting us!!!

:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts