Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Canadian Rubicon drivers: What is your coolant temperature guage indicating under normal operating conditions? Mine is indicating over 100 degrees centigrade but sometime back it was under 100 degrees centigrade. What's up with this?

·
Registered
340 Posts
As a side note....I have found that my Rubicon warms up faster than any other vehicle I have owned...Nice on cold winter days.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Silly me. I simply got the engine block heater and use it religously in the winter. I'm warmed up before I reach the end of the street in the morning.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Talon...have had my rubi since november, temp gauge is always at 100 degrees during normal operation and that's with my winch blocking 1/4 of the grill area...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Talon.......that is the same as mine.. I would not worry about it. Keep and eye on the guage when you are trail riding and you will see that it will stay right there.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ned you da Man. Nothing like displaying a gadget that we now want to go out an buy.

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's all I need, as if I didn't have enough trouble on my own without you guys coming on here and showing off all your tools. Now I want one of those IR temperature gauges. Just think of the possibilities....

You could check the manifold temperature to test if it is warm enough to cook steaks. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it back...

Thanks for all the responses! I just got it back from the dealership and they replaced the "sticking" thermostat. The tech guy found that the temperature guage came up quite fast and by the time he was at the end of the parking lot it had already reached 110 degrees. He threw in a new thermostat under warranty, flushed the system and replaced with new coolant. Now the temperature is running a smidge under 100 degrees (like it use to).

I got them to do the first service and replace the sheared exhaust hanger bolt (that seems to be common) while they had the tires off to rotate them. Now it feels "fresh" again. Can't wait to hit the trails again! That's the thing about this Jeepin' stuff...you can't just pull off to the side of the road and hang out your thumb :D when **** happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts