Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finally gave in and towed it to a repair shop. They confirmed that all fuses and relays were intact and grounds were good. They determined that the ECM is non-responsive. I've contacted FS1, ECM replaced in April of this year, and have filled out the required paperwork to obtain a return authorization. Waiting on a response from them. Their units have a onetime lifetime warranty, they will replace once, but the second unit has NO warranty. Hopefully there isn't something in the system that is causing these to go bad. The symptoms from the first replacement are totally different from the current symptoms. Thanks for all of the help guys! I'll post updates as this episode progresses.

·
1,736 Posts
They’ve changed their warranty since my experience with them about 18 months ago. I had a full unlimited warranty on mine. I sent my PCM back three times with no success. I had decided to bail on them as my mechanic went behind my back and found one. I was glad he went rogue, however even that PCM had to be warranty swapped. That landed me a PCM that has worked to date.

I learned FlagshipOne is a puppy mill for PCMs. They farm out their work. I’m sorry that you are having PCM issues. There are many of us who know that experience.

I suggest you call WranglerFix. They found a solution for 05 and 06 TJs. I have an 04, but they also had a PCM for it. They care. I didn’t use them because my mechanic had found another on his own. I don’t know where. I was just glad he did.

·
1,736 Posts
Just got back from a friend with an 06 TJ Auto hard shifting up the gears and going from the top end to neutral instantly on the highway. Installed a WranglerFix PCM and instant healing.

Just to reiterate, their fix is dedicated to 05s and 06s, but last time I checked they had a limited amount of PCMs for other years.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts