Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Codes 0633 and 0837

06, no 4Wd dash light. Ran dash light test, it works. Replaced transfer case sensor with OEM factory part, no change, checked ohms on switch it works in all positions. Tab in transfer case moves like it should.
Jumpered connector on switch and the 4Wd light on dash works. Codes 0633 and 0837. I know the PCM was replaced and the transmission was rebuilt, before I owned it, so I took it to dealership for reflash matching my VIN. Now I’m lost. Is there a ground on the transfer case or transmission that could cause this. Does the PCM send a reference voltage 5V to the plug?

What’s next logical step in troubleshooting. Please share your knowledge. Before you ask I’ve read all the pages on the net, used the search function here. Thank you for help in advance. I'm in Mississippi and if anyone has any Ideas.

I did receive a suggestion to replace the
Ignition Switch Actuator Pin 924-704, but Code 0837 leads me to believe that may not be the issue.

·
1,908 Posts
Welcome to ROF. Sorry it was this way.

The only guy I trust with 05 and 06 transmission issues that are head scratchers is the guy at WranglerFix. He is an exterminator of 05 and 06 PCM issues. Call him up and vent. He will listen. I have yet to hear of an 05 and 06 that had wack a mole issues after him.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You have a SKIM code that you could ignore and a t-case range code. I assume you have a Rubicon. The transfer case switch should be 2 wires, one of them has a 5 volt supply. Measure this it should be really close to 5 volts. The other wire goes to the pcm which monitors the resistance and calculates the gear. Then the pcm sends a signal to the cluster to turn on the light.
You need some resistance through the switch for it to work, shorting it out is the same as having it unplugged.

A non rubicon may have a on/off switch which gets power from the cluster and just grounds to activate the light.

Did they sell you the right switch? Do you have a Rubicon pcm??

When the dealer reflashed your PCM it was NOT a erase and reprogram. Unless they own aftermarket tuner software then they could only update whatever software was already in there and program your VIN and security codes.

Was your pcm replaced with a used one or a new one?

Reactions: wxjeep02 and FLLJ

·
Registered
680 Posts

OPERATING MODE
SENSOR RESISTANCE (ohms)
1​
2H​
1124-1243​
2​
4H​
650-719​
3​
NEUTRAL​
389-431​
4​
4L​
199-221​
5​
NOT USED​
57-64​

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mark at Wranglerfix.com for the win. Ordered on Tuesday got it in today 10 minutes later and it all works the light, the lockers, no codes. Mark is as genuine as they come. Thank you all for the service manual, insight. and assistance.
Ok, so here is a little more detail, the PCM in the Jeep was a Cheap Ebay used one that was not programmed for a Rubicon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts