Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is my first jeep and I'm pretty sure it has a bad front seal on the transmission. So I'm going to drop it and change all the seals, so my question is since it's a 2014 with about 99k should I also change the clutch and pressure plate while I'm at it? All legitimate suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Welcome to ROF.
Yes, 90% of the labor is done if your pulling the tranny. Good pre failure maintenance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already have new bolts for Y-pipe to Cats connection and a Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust to install.

·
1,906 Posts
Could it be the rear main seal on the engine?

We love pictures and write-ups!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had thought of that since the oil was coming from the slot in the bottom of the bellhousing, so just watched my oil levels.

·
1,906 Posts
Smell and color would be clues as well. I looked it up and now see why the leak appears where it does. There’s a seal under the shaft.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I know you said that the engine oil level wasn't dropping, but you might want to check the oil filter housing/oil cooler. They are known to crack pretty easily. When mine did it dripped onto the transmission making it look like the source. Norminator's suggestion about smell and color would help eliminate that as a possibility.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Agree on checking for engine oil as the leak. My 2014 Rubicon oil cooler manifold on top of the engine cracked and oil filled up the cavity on top of the engine and dripped down the back to the bell housing. The 2014's have a known issue. Mine was covered under the drive train warranty. So many have failed that it really should have been a recall. Plus it is a fire hazard as it can drip down to the exhaust and do so without the owner knowing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts