Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the new year, my Dad and I took a quick trip to Clayton Oklahoma. Weekdays are calm, so was great having the trails to ourselves. The only problem, was the rain on the second day. Some of the trails are easy in the rain, but others are very difficult. You have to bring the skinny pedal, and a lot of it. We ran Wet-N-Wild, Jeff's Ledges, and Green Mamba with no issues. Knowing walk in the park and 3 trail would be impossible in the rain, we took to Cake Walk, C&H Sugar, and the New Trail. The trails were challenging in the wet conditions, but nothing terrible. We putted into Slims Slope and quickly figured out the slick rocks were not going to make for an easy trail. We skipped out and didn't know what to run next. It was decided to look at a few new trails, and get some ideas for when its dry. Gobblers Knob was to be found. Ate My Lunch, Plucked, and Red Neck Millionaires BLVD all made up Gobblers Knob. It looks doable, but would have to be dry. After that, we didn't have much time, so we looked at and ran the lower part of Green Mamba Extension.

Anyway, on with the pics.

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Wow-Awesome pics Man, looks like you guys had a great time! How's your Dad like the new tread pattern? Looks like a great way to enter the new year. Thanks for sharing!

Best of Luck,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
yep, some of you all oughta come out for a spring time romp in the rocks, maybe the creeks wont be so full.

Philip, how much rain that weekend?...looks damp enough to make it a lot of fun.

did you guys run all the trails?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Saweeeet....

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kidmugg said:
Phillip... love it!! Great shots. Looks like tons of fun (and free car washes! :laugh:).

You running 37s still?
Thanks. You should visit Clayton at least once! Still on 37's for now... but won't take much for 40's. :D

[quote='05TJLWBRUBY]Wow-Awesome pics Man, looks like you guys had a great time! How's your Dad like the new tread pattern? Looks like a great way to enter the new year. Thanks for sharing!

Best of Luck,

Mike[/quote]

Thanks. Clayton is a GREAT place to play. All kinds of trails, from stock Jeeps to Insane buggies! My Dad seems to like the new MTR's. They performed better in the slick conditions compared to the older style I was running. They are also taller than the old style.

Red Dog Leader said:
Great pics! I'm ready for some more Clayton.
Thanks. Your ready for Clayton... bus it Clayton ready for you? :rotflmao: When it warms up, we need to plan a trip and get everyone out!

Ken White said:
Thanks for sharing...

:D
eyezlee said:
Awesome shots! :D
Mr. D said:
terrific shots
thanks for posting
Thanks!!!

Eric said:
yep, some of you all oughta come out for a spring time romp in the rocks, maybe the creeks wont be so full.

Philip, how much rain that weekend?...looks damp enough to make it a lot of fun.

did you guys run all the trails?

I agree. A big trip to Clayton would be a LOT of FUN!

Not sure how much rain. It sprinkled all night. It wasn't until we hit Wet-N-Wild that we figured out it rained more than we thought. Even then, I would guess less than a 1/2 inch.

We ran some of the trials, but far from all. Wet-N-Wild, Jeffs Ledges, Green Mamba, Green Mamba Extention, New Trails, C&H Sugar, part of 8-Point, Walters Mule Road (I had to winch on the washed out section in the rain :oops: ), Walters Bypass, Cake Walk (upper and lower), Backside Loop (East 1/2), Zig Zag, Graces Green, Slims Slope/Gobblers Know access road, and a few other small un-named access roads. I worked on charting the trails, so should have a nice map for everyone once I run a few more trails.

It was too wet for the hill climbs.

JerryC said:
Saweeeet....

The beadlocks worked! :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Great Pics Phillip! Can't wait to get back.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
WOW awesome pics. Damn there is a lot of water on some of those trails! Nothing like that where I wheel :(

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Nice submarine impression :wink: My ORI's are still a no show and the steering gear is shot. I will give ya call when I get a few. Been a rough 30days.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Phillip said:
JerryC said:
Saweeeet....
Hell, I've done that with mine.

I was referring to something else. :JerryC:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rubitx said:
Great Pics Phillip! Can't wait to get back.
It should be a good time! :D

06moneypit said:
WOW awesome pics. Damn there is a lot of water on some of those trails! Nothing like that where I wheel :(
Thanks. Most of the trails are down water ways or hill sides. The water quickly finds these areas. Some of the trails, you have to know where the holes are. A few are well over 10' deep!

sdr501 said:
Nice submarine impression :wink: My ORI's are still a no show and the steering gear is shot. I will give ya call when I get a few. Been a rough 30days.
When you get the ORI's, let us know how you like them! If you need a steering box, I've got a spare taking up space. Let me know. Call anytime.

Ken White said:
JerryC said:
Phillip said:
JerryC said:
Saweeeet....
Hell, I've done that with mine.

I was referring to something else. :JerryC:
The spider...

:lildevil:
JerryC said:
KenWhite said:
The spider
Precisely.

The spiders were out in full force. The rain must have washed them away from wherever they kick it. I looked down once, and saw one that could have easily bit a toe off. I stayed in the Jeep!

·
Registered
242 Posts
holy moly phil !!!

i havent seen ya'll jeeps in like couple years, prolly since your help with my axles! loooking so so freaking perfect....i drooled abit !!......your dads jeep coming along with upgrades too i see...looking great !....ive layed low for lil over a year just packing the miles on the jeep up to almost 70k now :cry: ...

buying tires in acouple months prolly going with goodyear mtrs nice to see them in action on your dads jeep....

was looking at genrights hi tube fenders and low and behold you did them in 2008.. was wondering if cutting the hood was a pain ? no chip paint ? no jagged edges ? becuase this would prolly be my problem knowing my luck for me :) ...

hope you and the fam doing well !

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Excellent pics and beautiful rigs. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts