Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For not getting it sooner! This thing is S-W-E-E-T. Forget about hearing static, pops, whistles, etc when passing big rigs, turning on the CB with the Squelch set wrong, etc. This thing must have a lot of filters in it or something, because a whole day wheelin I never heard any of the normal CB noise even with the squelch turned all the way down and the volume turned up I could just barely could hear the static.

Anyway if you're debating about getting a cheap CB or a good one...there IS a difference and I wish I'd never wasted my money on a cheaper unit. By the way, I bought it direct from Uniden (factory refurbished, 90 day warranty) and got a great price :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats on the good unit. I run a 78 XL in a 98 chevy and a 78 LTW in my duramax. Very good radios. Got both mine before they released the elite.

Where did you mount it and got any pics?

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mounted it up top of the center stack for now (above the radio). All it took was 2 holes in the coin tray and a right-angle coax connector. Eventually I'll mount it up on the roll cage but I have to get around to welding it in first!

it works OK there, not really in the way but I did use that coin tray some for a cell phone. No pics but will try to snap a few when it warms up.

I bought it on Uniden.com, they had a free shipping + 10% off last week so I paid $81 to my door, but they're still a good deal at $100 or whatever their normal price is.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
13,993 Posts
Been running my 78 for a few years now and love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts