Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. I would prefer not to lift it at this point. What’s the largest tire I could put on existing without rubbing?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hello, welcome.
The problem with larger tires if using stock wheels is that they run rub on the sway bar when of road, Do you plan on wheels or spacers?

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
With spacers or different wheels and flat fenders you can put 35" on with the stock suspension. I did that. Without changing the fenders you can squeeze 33s on it, but might get some rubbing if you're fully loaded and hit large bumps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
I was definitely planning on buy new wheels. I just wanted to stay with the stock suspension. So I guess the question is then purchasing a coordinating wheel with a 33 tire?

With spacers or different wheels and flat fenders you can put 35" on with the stock suspension. I did that. Without changing the fenders you can squeeze 33s on it, but might get some rubbing if you're fully loaded and hit large bumps.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
I did 37s BFGs on my 11 JKU, so what ever size that was. Then AEV wheels and some serious fender mods, well basically no fender guts, just the outers in place.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It is a little more complicated than what you think. What width do tho want? Most people like a 12.5 tire which will stick out past your fender. Are you okay with any rub?
Wrangler forum has a big stickies on this you should check out.

·
Premium Member
6,098 Posts
I was definitely planning on buy new wheels. I just wanted to stay with the stock suspension. So I guess the question is then purchasing a coordinating wheel with a 33 tire?

I put the BFG KO2 34/1050/17 on mine with aftermarket wheels. Stock suspension. Works great. Looks great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey bob1340....would you have a picture of yours? I have a Rubicon '08 with stock tires and want to go a little bigger with stock suspension...and would love to see what yours look like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts