Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LIVE IN MICHIGAN, SO THE ROCK CRAWLING IS OUT, AND MAY OR MAY NOT PUT A WINCH ON.

SO NOW THE DILEMA - I WANT A NEW FRONT BUMPER, OR BRUSH GUARD ON THE STOCK BUMPER.

SO HERE ARE MY THOUGHTS

1) MANIK BRUSH GUARD ON THE STOCK BUMPER
2) ARB BULL BAR
3) WARN BUMBER WITH BRUSH GUARD

WHAT DO ALL YOU GUYS AND GIRLS THINK?

I DO NOT WANT CHROME OR SILVER, I WANT BLACK THAT WILL LAST AND IF SOMEONE PISSES ME OFF IN DETROIT, I CAN RUN THEM DOWN AND NOT WORRY ABOUT IT.

DREW
CAPT - USMC

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
In that case your only choice is the ARB, and later if you wish you can put a winch on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm using the bumper from Go There Engineering. The bumper has saved my fenders a few times and has the winch mount built in.

Adam

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
recon1marine said:
...IF SOMEONE PISSES ME OFF IN DETROIT, I CAN RUN THEM DOWN AND NOT WORRY ABOUT IT.

DREW
CAPT - USMC
All you Recon guys are still nuts!
:multi:

Lee
USMC, Vietnam, 1967-69

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SEMPER FI LEE!!!!

Not nuts, just impatient. Ever been to Detroit? Put it this way, traffic control devices are optional!!!!

I like that bumper from go there engineering... Thats in the running now.

I also had someone from jeepforum.com tell me about Rockmen in Co.

http://www.rokmen.com/rokproducts.html

There bumper looks very well built.

This Jeep thing is all new to me - well I did have a 82 CJ5 with a built 304 for sometime.

I just got the Rubi, and am putting my M3 convertible up for the summer. Got stuck three times last year, and that was lucky.

So now i have my ORV permit, and I am going to take my two little girls out in the woods and have some fun.

But, keep the ideas comming on the bumper.

I still need to get a good one for the brush, trees, slow cars, and occasional vagrant that walks around the streets in Detroit.

Drew
Capt. USMC
1st Recon Bat.
HMH-361 Flying Tigers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
recon1marine said:
SEMPER FI LEE!!!!

Not nuts, just impatient. Ever been to Detroit? Put it this way, traffic control devices are optional!!!!

Drew
Capt. USMC
1st Recon Bat.
HMH-361 Flying Tigers
Semper Fi to you too, Drew!
I never realized you recons drove vehicles.
I thought you jumped out of planes and double-timed to your destinations.
:D
Welcome aboard.
Lee

·
Registered
628 Posts
My old YJ's fenders were in hard shape so I had to get protected this time, muddy hills and lots of trees take a tole after a while.

Adam

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Mythought process was I wanted somthing to protect the fenders from the front....I got an ARB...I was also torn between the go there engineering bumper.....Both have winch capability integrated in them and that was another plus..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts