Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Greg in S. Calif. My wife and I just purchased our first jeep. 2021 Diesel Rubicon 4 door. We love it. We find it to be very comfortable. Only have had it 2 weeks. We do plan on doing off roading but not rock crawling. We have a Kawasaki s x s for that. A few other things: since we won't be rock crawling, any suggestions for side steps that look great but add to ease of entry? My wife is short! I was hoping to find billet aluminum type steps but no luck yet.. Part of the purchase deal was for the dealer to remove the softop and install the hardtop. So I do have the softop, all brackets and windows for sale. Taken off with 83 miles on the rubi. $750. Local pickup only. Glad to be a member.

·
1,906 Posts
Just curious....Your post says you are in California and your IP address is in Kansas. Add to that you are selling something on your first post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious....Your post says you are in California and your IP address is in Kansas. Add to that you are selling something on your first post.
Well, my wife and I have lived in this same house in S.Calif about 5 miles from Ontario Airport for 34 years. Never even been to Kansas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not looking for confrontation on this forum. I introduced myself, asked about side steps and mentioned about the softop. Sorry if I offended anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I’m sure you didn’t. We seem to get a lot of spammers trying to mess up our forum and our moderators are really on the ball when it comes to rooting them out.
Welcome to ROF, lots of good guys with great information on here.

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
Do you use VPN software to connect to the internet?
That can hide your actual ip address.

Since you have not added pictures, I am obligated to add this

LOLOLOLOL

I'd be curious to hear more about that diesel engine from an actual owner vs a journalist.

Welcome aboard.

·
1,906 Posts
I'm not looking for confrontation on this forum. I introduced myself, asked about side steps and mentioned about the softop. Sorry if I offended anyone.
I apologize for not giving you the trust you deserve. Thanks for your answer and patience. Welcome to ROF most definitely. I live in So. CA, in Lakewood. If you ever need a local, I've got your back.

·
1,906 Posts
Over the weekend I was with a group that did White Mountain in the Big Bear area. One of those guys new someone whom has just bought a diesel Gladiator. I didn't get any info other than that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m sure you didn’t. We seem to get a lot of spammers trying to mess up our forum and our moderators are really on the ball when it comes to rooting them out.
Welcome to ROF, lots of good guys with great information on here.
Thanks
I can assure you I am not a spammer. I have better things to do with my time. I'm sure I'll get a lot of great info from this forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

View attachment 75979

LOLOLOLOL

I'd be curious to hear more about that diesel engine from an actual owner vs a journalist.

Welcome aboard.
I do not use VPN software. I only use my cellphone. I gave up computers after retiring after 20 years as an IT tech with a local city. Blue screens of death, viruses, etc., Perfectly happy not being on a computer anymore. 30 years in facilities maintenence prior to that. The diesel is awesome. Totally in love with it. Lots of low to mid range grunt. Just hoping it is reliable. We only have about 300 miles on it since it's just a few weeks old. Love my GMC HD with the 6.6 diesel as well. What a beast.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

View attachment 75979

LOLOLOLOL

Welcome aboard.

Attachments

·
3,714 Posts
I like the Rockslide engineering slider steps that I have on my gladiator rubicon. It makes it very easy for my wife to get in and out of the jeep. They would work well on a JLUR. Home

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
Hi Greg and welcome to ROF, we're glad to have you drop in. Sorry about being suspicious, like the guys said we've been purging spammers off and on for a couple of years. We have a great bunch of friendly guys here and we don't tolerate flaming.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
Welcome, my girlfriend is 4' 10" so getting into a jeep on 35s is a challenge. There are 2 types of sliders, body mounted and frame mounted the frame mounted ones hang lower, so tend to get caught up on rocks but act much better as steps. Btw you will probably find your wrangler will go through things that will stop your sxs. Have a friend with a lifted sxs and after one trip together he bought a jeep.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome, my girlfriend is 4' 10" so getting into a jeep on 35s is a challenge. There are 2 types of sliders, body mounted and frame mounted the frame mounted ones hang lower, so tend to get caught up on rocks but act much better as steps. Btw you will probably find your wrangler will go through things that will stop your sxs. Have a friend with a lifted sxs and after one trip together he bought a jeep.
I am new to this so looking for more info. I assume body mounted type means they attach using the Bolts that hold the body on, sort of like the stock rubicon sliders. Correct? Frame mounted mount to the frame which sits back about 10 or 12 inches from the side of the jeep. If this is correct do you know of any frame mounted steps that allow for the rubicon sliders to still be used?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the Rockslide engineering slider steps that I have on my gladiator rubicon. It makes it very easy for my wife to get in and out of the jeep. They would work well on a JLUR. Home
Thanks for the reply. We have looked at these and I have to say they are pretty awesome. These are on our maybe list.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts