Rubicon Owners Forum banner

What should I buy

• See if I can buy back my original TJ Rubicon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy a used TJ Rubicon from here

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Wait a little and buy a 2 door JL Rubicon with 35s from the factory

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wait until Ford figures out how to product a Hard Top and get the Bronco Badlands with 35s

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Congrats on the purchase , never thought Mike would sell it. That will make for some fun wheelin’
As I recall it works really well in the big rocks.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,191 Posts
I miss her, but know she has a great new home and will be used like she was built for. Funny part is she wss the first jeep I ever modified, and used your build writeup as a start.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

New old member here too. It’s been a while since I’ve logged on. Sold the LJ almost six years ago. I can’t believe it’s been that long. Sold the JK four years ago. Currently have a Land Cruiser 200 series. Have a Bronco on order and it is supposed to be built the week of August 8th.

I’m really sad to see that Stinger passed away. I noticed he stopped posting on Facebook and a full-size Jeep forum that I used to frequent. I didn’t realize what he was going through. I will always remember the time we spent wheeling in Moab.

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have a Bronco on order as well. It's a 2 door, so it may not arrive until 2024.
:ROFLMAO:
I recently changed my build from a Badlands to a BaseSquatch because the new to me Rubicon will be my rock crawler.
So for the Price of the Badlands, I will have a BaseSquatch and Rubicon.

Yea, it's crazy how we have lost some of the regulars. Very sad, but at the same time, we have some awesome memories of great people doing what they loved.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I have a Bronco on order as well. It's a 2 door, so it may not arrive until 2024.
:ROFLMAO:
I recently changed my build from a Badlands to a BaseSquatch because the new to me Rubicon will be my rock crawler.
So for the Price of the Badlands, I will have a BaseSquatch and Rubicon.

Yea, it's crazy how we have lost some of the regulars. Very sad, but at the same time, we have some awesome memories of great people doing what they loved.
If mine wasn’t a First Edition, I don’t think my 8:13 pm reservation on reveal night would get a build until 2023. Crazy!

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
We went to the Bronco Off-rodeo last weekend. I was skeptical, but left very impressed. I was concerned about the ifs, but I almost couldn’t tell it was ifs. They did a great job designing it.

·
Premium Member
TBD
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
It's not a rock garden rock crawler, but it does just about everything else really well. Moab, Nevada and Colorado terrain is a good match for it.
I kind of feel most jeep people think the Bronco is cool, but on the Bronco side, there is stupid hate for jeeps and unfounded SFA death wobble fear.

I'm happy I'll eventually have both.

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
I was wheeling in Area BFE (Moab) with Mouse and there was a group of Broncos running trails. I'm not a Bronco guy but some of them were beautifully restored. (Weren't you there with me Don?) I've wheeled with a few - it seems like they have a high center of gravity.

It's a very sad situation about Frank's (Stinger) passing away. Frank and Faye were fine people and I always enjoyed wheeling with them. It was Frank that kept me from rolling about 1,000 feet down to Telluride when we were doing Black Bear pass. I was right in the middle of one of the last switchbacks before it became 2-way. My transmission shifter left me stuck in Neutral thanks to a 25 cent plastic part that broke on the shift linkage.

Frank positioned Stinger behind me and put a winch line on my stern so I didn't have to depend on the parking brake while I was underneath Rubi. I think I have a thread here on ROF about the excitement.

·
3,714 Posts
John, that sounds right. The old broncos are nice, but they have a short wheelbase and need a stretch to do well on the Moab trails.

Good to see Steve post up as well. I was thinking about Frank the other day. I hope Stinger and his father's J20 that he was restoring went on to family or good homes. Our trip to Moab was a fun one! Frank and Faye were always a joy to wheel with!

·
Administrator
15,162 Posts
John, that sounds right. The old broncos are nice, but they have a short wheelbase and need a stretch to do well on the Moab trails.

Good to see Steve post up as well. I was thinking about Frank the other day. I hope Stinger and his father's J20 that he was restoring went on to family or good homes. Our trip to Moab was a fun one! Frank and Faye were always a joy to wheel with!
WOw....this is the first i have heard of Frank passing...
amazing man and Faye was awesome!
RiP Frank

·
Administrator
11,371 Posts
He was diagnosed with a brain tumor as I recall, sad situation. I think Frank was a Vietnam vet and a heli pilot, ski patrol and I don't know what else. Good guy.

·
Administrator
15,162 Posts
He was diagnosed with a brain tumor as I recall, sad situation. I think Frank was a Vietnam vet and a heli pilot, ski patrol and I don't know what else. Good guy.
Frank was also an Officer Utah Highway Patrol

41 - 54 of 54 Posts